Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gilmore Girls TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 13, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The end was fine I somehow didn't see it coming and it was just really surprising, honestly.
    Sorry, I must've not noticed it, where was the fat shaming?

lish likes this.
  2. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

when they were at the pool in "Summer".

lish likes this.
  3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

OH, right I do remember that that was uncool and unnecessary considering it wasn't even plot related. Just in there.

lish likes this.
  4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

"She was Kinky Boots" was one of my favorite lines in the whole season. I'll wait a little bit to discuss everything and not spoil it but they did a great job bringing almost every character back. Only notable omissions were TJ/Liz and Max. Was there anyone else?

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oh boy, definitely did not need Max coming back. No way they could've fit him in without it contrived. didn't notice any other omissions, not anyone essential anyway

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

"Singapore is just being a dick" was my favorite line.

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

mine might be Emily Gilmore just shouting "Bullshit!"

8. stayillogical Nov 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2016)
    stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The problem with the revival is that Lorelai and Rory made no growth in 10 years, the former in her relationship, the latter in adulthood. Rory was particularly grating sometimes, but I looked past that when she was young. Rory not having things figured out as a 32 year old was very frustrating to watch. Made more sense for her 20s. Palladino's just wrote what they wanted to, picking up where the series left off.

9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Marty

10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Madeline and Louise

11. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I thought this article covered that pretty well. Let's Talk About That 'Gilmore Girls' Ending

They were disregarding the last season and just writing the characters as they were when they left the show.

12. Behind the Barricade

Good calls! It's odd they brought back Francie for one scene but didn't even bring up those 3 (who arguably had a bigger impact on the show than she did).

13. Behind the Barricade

He could've easily passed by Rory in the hallway of Chilton and asked how her mother was doing. It would've made as much sense as most of the minor character's scenes anyways.

14. Liz

Ew, David

There were some scenes that I found charming and it was nice seeing my favorite characters again. But overall, I really disliked this. I've never been much of a Rory fan and I found her particularly irritating in the revival. And I could have definitely done without the musical.
    I hated the ending.

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The Tristan cameo made no sense considering a.) They couldn't get Chad Michael Murray, and b.) Why would Tristan be at a Chilton alumni event if he had to switch schools junior year?

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  16. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

I would have been fine with Max just passing in the hallway and saying hello. I don't think he would have been helpful for much else than that.

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

All that matters is Jess is the greatest and his tight shirts were a blessing to us all.

18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I loved all the Parenthood cameos!!

Jake W likes this.
  19. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

It's dope that Lauren Graham is still good friends with a lot of them. And obviously in a actual relationship with Peter Krause.

Actors from Bunheads were in it too which is amazing.

20. Davjs

Trusted

Never really watched the show, watched this all this weekend with my wife due to her always watching superhero stuff with me. I liked it more than I thought I would.

The ending was weird, esp when the last ep felt like it was tying up everyone's story. To me it felt like everyone went through a character arc and ended happy, putting a nice bow on it and then for that to happen....is there going to be another series?

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I think it's more about coming full circle than setting up a new series. Apparently this is the ending the creator envisioned from the beginning.

Davjs likes this.
  22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

ultimately, while not the best season, this is way better than season 7 and that's all i really wanted. plus i enjoyed myself, i enjoyed jess, i enjoyed emily, and i enjoyed that dean was limited to like two minutes

23. Davjs

Trusted

Oh man, I didn't think about that. I guess that's a valid point. I guess I would have picked up more on it if she was 16 too. It seems to be more of a cliffhanger than coming full circle for me though, because the baby is either that guy she doesn't remember, a married man or a unknown wookie. To me that just sets up a whole new list of problems instead of closure.

24. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I think it would have made much more sense when the series originally ended and Rory was 22.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, isn't she 32 or something?

Also, that reminds me that the 30 something club was a missed opportunity to be funny instead of being random and creepy.