Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gilmore Girls TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 13, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Do you mean his entire character arc, who he was when they were together, or? Just curious, people I talk to about this have tended to feel differently about him through out his progression and if they don't like him have had reasons I like to hear about and such.

2. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

First impressions and remembering what assholes teenage boys were like and still are. He was pretty reflective of a shitty and dramatic high school romance. So was Dean in the small town, never-peaked-past high school type.

Demi from the Gilmore Guys podcast appears to think that while Jess and Rory were good for each other in that they push each other to do better and grow as people, but a romantic relationship meant putting aside that personal development and having to deal with twice the pressure to improve.

Even if Jess isn't endgame, he's still going to be in Rory's life because he's still Luke's nephew after all.

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I like where they were with each other post romance. They seemed better able to communicate and relate to each other without hang ups. Friendship is always nice, that would be a good route since like you said, he'll always be around to an extent.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Coming Black Friday

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Still working my way through the show for the first time (a few left in S5 now) but I watched the trailer anyway. Yep, that's more Gilmore Girls.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I've only seen sporadic episodes, one of these days I should do a full watch like that

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Yay I get to spend my birthday with my girls :heart:

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, I had seen episodes here and there and enjoyed it but decided to finally do a full watch now that this new stuff is coming and I've just been absolutely absorbed into the Stars Hollow and the show over the past month or however long since I started.

Jake W and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  9. Jake W

I've watched the whole thing 3 times. Lol.

10. Watched the whole thing years ago. Definitely won't have time to do a proper re-watch in time. Hopefully I can find a series recap somewhere.

11. tucah

not champ Prestigious

12. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

So excited.

13. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Yay! Time for a re-watch.

It's coming out at the perfect time for me, too. My mom will be visiting for Thanksgiving so we can continue our tradition of watching every new episode together.

14. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

My wife just changed our Thanksgiving plans so we can be in a house with good enough Wifi (ie not her parents' house) to stream this immediately after its release.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Jake W likes this.
  16. Jake W

I love her so I'll definitely be getting that

17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I'm definitely going to be picking that up!

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

lish likes this.
  19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

pretty classic, just picking right up where they left off

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Man, that has me so excited for this, and it's so cool how stoked all the actors and actresses are to revisit these roles

22. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm partway through season 5, need to finish up before this comes out. So good. Lorelei is the best; Kirk is amazingly hilarious all the time; Jess is the absolute worse (sorry, not sorry).

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I still feel like Jess is the only one of Rory's significant others given actual character development, resolution, and growth

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen