Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gilmore Girls TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by TheWater(s), Apr 13, 2016.

1. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

From Wikipedia

"Gilmore Girls is an American comedy-drama television series created by Amy Sherman-Palladino starring Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. Sherman-Palladino, her husband, Daniel Palladino, David S. Rosenthal and Gavin Polone served as the executive producers. The series debuted on October 5, 2000 on The WB to widespread critical acclaim, and remained a tent-pole to the network until its move to The CW on September 26, 2006. The series was canceled after its seventh season and ended its run on May 15, 2007.

The show follows single mother Lorelai Gilmore (Graham) and her daughter, also named Lorelai but who prefers to be called Rory (Bledel), living in the fictional town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. The town is filled with colorful characters and is located approximately 30 minutes fromHartford, Connecticut (as stated in the show's pilot). Ambition, education, work, family, and questions of class constitute some of the series' central concerns. The show's social commentary manifests most clearly in Lorelai's difficult relationship with her wealthy, appearance-obsessed parents, Emily and Richard Gilmore, and in Rory's interactions between the students at the Chilton Academy, and later, Yale University.

Gilmore Girls is known for its fast-paced dialogue filled with pop-culture references. It won one Emmy Award for makeup in 2004. It was also critically acclaimed, placing No. 32 on Entertainment Weekly's "New TV Classics" list, and was listed as one of Time magazine's "All-TIME 100 TV Shows" in 2007.

On January 29, 2016, it was confirmed that the series would return as a limited series, tentatively titled Gilmore Girls: Seasons, on Netflix to consist of four 90-minute episodes. Each episode of the limited series is rumored to take place during each of the four seasons in Stars Hollow."

2. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I'm currently watching it all the way through for the first time and am in the 4th season.

I'm also team
    [​IMG]

lish likes this.
  3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Holy shit I did not hear about new episodes. SO EXCITED. This show has been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager.

Last year I revisited it after seeing it was all on Netflix. It is a show with some of the best dialogue I have ever heard, and it remains unique and refreshing to this day.

EDIT: TEAM JESS ALL THE WAY FOREVER AND ALWAYS

lish likes this.
  4. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

We can be best friends

lish likes this.
  5. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

[​IMG] Long Live this moment.

lish, St. Nate and TheWater(s) like this.
  6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

[​IMG]

7. Aj LaGambina

[​IMG]

TheWater(s) and Meerkat like this.
  8. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

God bless

9. loveisarisk

Regular

I just finished my first full watch of this show. I miss it already. When I got the job I'm at now last August I started commuting and working full time so I fell behind on pretty much all of my shows but I started watching Gilmore Girls whenever I had time because it was easy to watch and know I'd enjoy every episode but I wasn't dying to keep up with new ones obviously. I wasn't totally thrilled by the ending but I'm excited to see whatever the Seasons thing is about when it's released.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen May 19, 2016
    (Last edited: May 19, 2016)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the Netflix series will be called Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life

lish likes this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Oh my god I'm so excited for this I can't still can't believe it's real

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Not crazy about the title. I really liked Seasons. Regardless I'm way too excited for this

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

On season 6 now. Officially a huge Logan fan even tho I'm still #TeamJess all the way.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. youll be fine Jun 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2016)
    youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Ummmmmm this starts streaming Friday?! Holy shit

Edit: sigh. Never mind. Just the first 7 seasons will be available globally

16. Jake W

Haha I got excited when I saw that too.

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I've been meaning to watch this for a while and I've been going through this for the first time recently. Just started season 3 today. Super fun show, #TeamJess all the way.

18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I'm halfway through season 3 and can't make my mind up on Jess. Some episodes, he's great. Other episodes, he's the absolute worst. At least he's not Dean.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I was often conflicted with Jess because he sometimes did some pretty questionable things. I wanted to give him a pass because he wasn't consistently shitty and abusive like Dean but...doing shitty things sometimes instead of always probably doesn't merit you a pass. I think I can justify it with he is still a teenager, still growing and making mistakes as well as acknowledging said mistakes, and in the end grows as a person, unlike a lot of other characters who exhibit that kind of behavior. The growth is important and is what makes him a good character and someone like Dean a very bad one.

20. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

Jess did do shitty things, but at least he seems to know that he was a teenage mess and he did attempt to pay Luke back for all the money Luke spent on him. It would have been nice if we had gotten a scene where he apologized to Rory for all the shitty things he did in their relationship.

Dean was entitled from the start. He threatened to break up with her just because Tristan was around and broke up with Rory the first time because she didn't say "I love you" back after he gave her a car and he did leave 18 messages on her voicemail, DESPITE knowing she'd be busy all day. That's creepy.

stayillogical likes this.
  21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Dean is literally everything a significant other should NOT be, or at least takes those traits to an alarming point. Like, he basically was just this side of stalking imo. I feel like Jess came really close to apologizing multiple times, and something always stopped him -- culminating in him trying to make amends and basically just leaving when he meets Logan. I would've loved a verbal apology for the sake of showing that he recognizes what he did wasn't okay in a way that isn't just implications, but I also think most people don't really go back and apologize to specific people for their teenage shittiness super often. Still want it tho

22. Jake W

#TeamRoryNeedsANewMan

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Haha, fair statement tbh. Or no man! I just really really like Jess a lot as a character. He was a good kind of foil for her.

24. Aj LaGambina

I mean, you're not wrong...

...but still #TeamJess

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  25. Jake W

Well he's definitely the best of them, but I still don't like him.