Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters (Paul Feig, 2016) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 3, 2016.

1. brentkid

Regular

It doesn't look that bad but I can't say of the trailers have really compelled me to feel otherwise either.

2. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think it looks bad by any means, but I'm not massively excited either at least as far as the trailers go. I like Feig and the cast so hopefully it does end up living up to that.

3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

*whispers into the wind hoping it becomes the osmosis of the atmosphere and ingrains in the hearts and minds of as many people possible* trailers have no connection to the quality of a movie at all in any way

4. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Good thing I wasn't forming an opinion on the film based on the trailer then!

5. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

The tone and aesthetic are what have me worried about not liking this, after being excited about the cast and director.

6. Jacob Davidson

Regular

The new international trailer looks pretty good imo

7. Jacob Davidson

Regular

I was just thinking about that today. How can Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles get less hate from everyone, INCLUDING JAMES ROLFE, than a movie no one has even seen yet?

8. I have a guess!

9. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

And it's wrong

Raku likes this.
  10. Do you have anything else to add to the conversation, or is that all you are going to say?

11. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

~~~NOT ALL MEN~~~

Tim likes this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

God I don't get it is it so hard to admit that there are conscious or subconscious ways people's misogyny is causing the enormous backlash?

If someone says "people are having abnormal backlash to this trailer compared to other trailers of similar or worse quality because of gender" it doesn't mean they're saying "IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS YOURE SEXIST" Jesus how hard is it to acknowledge that there are shitty people out there just because you're insecure about how you're perceived?

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

You have to have your head buried pretty far into the sand if you can't see where IN A LOT OF, not all, INSTANCES the hate for this stems from sexism.

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Just based off Feig's record and the talent of the cast, I'm willing to bet RT will be around 80%

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal May 30, 2016
    (Last edited: May 30, 2016)
    Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea I saw that on FB last night and someone had to be a buzzkill and mentioned Aykroyd has a financial stake in how it performs at the box office so of course he's going to praise it

17. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Yeah I mean that's cool and all BUT WHAT DOES JAMES ROLFE THINK ABOUT IT?!??!!?!?!

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jason Tate and Jacob Davidson like this.
  19. Cringe

20. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I finally got around to watching the international trailer, and I am relieved! The first 2 trailers turned me off of the movie completely, but I felt like the jokes landed better in the new one. The first Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies and I hope this new one does it justice. I am still not a fan of the over the top CGI, but I don't know what I expected from a movie centered around shooting ghosts with lasers. Haha

21. ChaseTx

Yeah I saw the new trailer in front of X-Men this weekend and liked it a lot. I couldn't tell if the audience liked it or not, they weren't especially reactive during the movie either though

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Considering the feature presentation, that seems about right.

23. ChaseTx

It at least had some funny moments I'd expect to get a laugh

24. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Anyone find Ecto Cooler yet?

25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter