Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters (Paul Feig, 2016) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Challenge already completed. That movie was bad.

2. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yes it was terrible but I laughed a few times.

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I didn't. Thankfully it was a free red box rental. I only wasted time. I mostly watched it because those writers are doing the Spider-Man movie. It has me worried.

4. imthegrimace

Yeah that's bad news. Some of that movie was mind numbingly stupid. The amount of shitty screenwriters that get constant work is aggravating.

5. Why do all the people that claim it's not a sexist thing have the same 3 talking points? The reason for hating the movie is because the "black character is a stereotype" ... gonna see a lot of that it seems like. Guess I need to bookmark this.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I laughed at two parts: Charlie Day and Chris Hemsworth's cameos. Okay, three, the cops all kneeling to the groups at the Corners. Besides that, it was just terrible.

Vivatoto likes this.
  7. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Man. All of this over a trailer to a reboot. I sort of resent the Internet a little bit right now. Just a tiny lil bit.

Aaron Mook and Jason Tate like this.
  8. The Outcry Against the All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Remake Gets Louder
    The vitriol directed at Ghostbusters seems to come in two forms: angry screeds in comments sections and people’s Twitter mentions, and videos like Rolfe’s, which try to justify the pushback as an idealistic defense of the original franchise’s legacy. Others look to dismiss the female cast as some sort of reverse-sexism, a “marketing gimmick” that diminishes the stars by turning them into tokens. “What offends me about this film isn’t that there’s women in it. Or even that the women are the protagonists. It’s that it’s going backwards 30 years in time and calling itself progressive,” one Cinemassacre commenter wrote. “I think the biggest reason this film will suck is they tried to shoehorn in a PC ideology instead of just telling a good story,” said another. Even the presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump joined the pile-on last year, the substance of his criticism amounting to “What’s going on!?”

But yeah ... totally just because it looks bad.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I used to watch Rolfe's videos but his "refusal to see the movie" video just comes off as pretentiously disgusting plus he has the gall to speak on behalf of the deceased Harold Ramis. His whole argument parallels those who say we can't have same-sex marriage because that means we have to change the whole definition of marriage.

Jacob Davidson and Jason Tate like this.
  10. imthegrimace

That's the best comparison I've heard.

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I hadn't actually watched the new trailer 'til now. Wow. I was mixed on the first one (but still interested in the film), but I was genuinely really amused by this new one. How is THIS getting such raw hate? I mean, I know how, but still... HOW.

12. Just saw the new TMNT 2 trailer. Which looks horrific. Loved franchise, worse trailer, at least half the hate.

13. Heh, you can see the same three arguments in the news post about it.

14. I want this movie to break 90% on RT and rake in $400m at the box office just to prove early skeptics wrong

Aaron Mook, ChaseTx, Vivatoto and 2 others like this.
  15. I like how even the new Ben Hur trailer didn't make people this angry

16. Tim

To be fair, fans are hyped about that because they're seeing a lot of characters from their childhoods brought to life. Much like how Kevin Smith loved BvS for the parademons, and how I'd love any Transformers film with Unicron, lol.

I mean, I obviously still agree. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm terrified to even look...

17. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

There's a Ben Hur remake coming out?!

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Millenials love that Charleton Heston classic.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  19. But that sorta shows exactly the fault ... characters and scenes in here are from people's childhoods. Slimer getting lots of love.

20. Tim

I mean characters not already from film... but, yeah, I don't wanna start playing the literal Devil's advocate, lol. Regardless, they suck.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Morgan Freeman has dreads in it
    [​IMG]

Raku, Dirty Sanchez and popdisaster00 like this.
  22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Morgan Freeman isn't God.

He is Jah.

Raku, devenstonow and Tim like this.
  23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm looking forward to TMNT2. Haven't watched the last one, but the trailer for the new one looked fun

24. I would highly recommend just skipping it.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  25. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

ive never been more on the "PC/SJW" side of things in my life. this is just so fucking unrationale it's making me puke