Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters (Paul Feig, 2016) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 3, 2016.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Go watch the original and shut up then.

2. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Yeah, but magically it didn't flop, and the trailers were received very well... Because it looked awesome! and the movie was awesome!

But in this case, the trailer is bad, and judging only on what has been shown, the movie looks bad. Its not a gender issue. That is the exact point I'm making.

Raku likes this.
  3. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Of course some people do, but I said "dont really" implying not a lot. You cannot say with a straight face that at any given comicon, there will be an even number of Vacation and Ghostbusters cosplayers. Thats absurd.

Raku likes this.
  4. I don't think this will flop or be critically panned either. So if I'm right about that, then will you admit you're wrong?

5. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Cool, if a band you like releases an album you dont like, keep your mouth shut and dont say a single thing about it and go listen to an older album. Get the fuck out of here with that mindset.

Im not saying this movie is going to tarnish a legacy, just saying it doesnt look good and defending why I think that.

• Mod Warning: This kind of language and response is not tolerated here.
    Raku likes this.
  6. Never seen as single ghostbuster at most conferences I've gone to, actually the only ones I've seen have been the new ghostbuster stuff from this movie actually.

7. imthegrimace

Not the same thing at all.

8. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I'll would admit I am wrong if I watch the movie and it ends up being good. Based on the trailers I think it looks bad. That's it. My conclusion after seeing the trailer is just as valid as those who say it looks good based only on the trailer. It is that simple. But anyone who says they dislike it, is met with "Its because you're sexist" "Its because of the female cast".

Raku likes this.
  9. Warcraft has objectively more fans than Ghostbusters ever had. Movie looks awful. Trailers are really bad. Level of vitriol and new posters or egg accounts on Twitter defending how much they dislike it?

Bueler?

10. Jakob Allen

Trusted

You're telling me to not voice my opinion because an older movie exists and I can watch it instead. Its the exact same thing lol

Raku likes this.
  11. And so if it's good, and it had this level of hatred BEFORE IT WAS EVER SHOT, those people would be wrong. Therefore the reasoning constantly given for the level of absurdity would not be accurate.

At this point it us so clear the people that have dig their heels I. On this movie have their mind made up. They made it up months ago. That's the definition of bias.

12. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Of course they would be wrong, and if they legit thought the movie was good, then it didn't really have anything to do with being sexist did it? It just meant they thought it looked like shit, watched it, and ended up being wrong.

Raku likes this.
  13. And why did they think it looked like shit? Before seeing any of it? Literally before any of it was filmed? Why did they use sexist slurs? Why did they create fake bot nets to attack one movie and its ranking? Why did they orchestra smear campaigns for one film? Because they just thought it looked bad? I'm sayin if the film ends up being good, and it has a critical reaction like Spy, the vitriol online was more than just "it looks bad" after the fact bullshit.

14. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I am definitely not defending those who use slurs. I wanna be clear about that.

As far as those who wrote it off before seeing anything, well, they judged a book without a cover.

But the sole purpose of a trailer is to show people what you made to convince them to see it. If I don't like the trailer, I probably (not definitely) wont like the movie. So I'll voice my opinion as to why I feel that way.

Also, the purpose of the dislike button is to show your opinion with a simple click. People disliked it. For all you know, the fake accounts are made to show hollywood "Dont make half assed remakes of films that dont need them"

Sure, Gods of Egypt might not get the same amount of protest, because its at least somewhat original, and people dont see any reason to fight it, or dont care enough to put out the effort. But what can be seen as a clear cash grab, such as Ghostbusters, should be protested because its almost insulting. Its like saying "We didnt even try to do the originals any justice, but youll see it anyways because its Ghostbusters". So people will go out of their way to show that they wont stand for it.

My main issue, is there are so many people out there who have made up their minds, that this movie is only being disliked because of the female case, because those disliking it, are sexist. And again, I'm not denying that there are people out there like that, but its not right to assume everyone disliking it are doing so for the same reason.

Raku likes this.
  15. No one said everyone. But it is happening. If you are not one of those people don't act like one. Like look at your posts in this thread, about a movie you don't wanna see and think looks bad ... the language used over and over again. If you don't wanna be lumped in with those persons ... don't be one of them.

16. Jakob Allen

Trusted

I never acted like one. Since the start I have said why I disliked it. But at the same time, everyone I know has been told the only reason they didn't like it is because they're sexist. Which is crazy so Ill fight for the side that doesn't like it because it looks shitty. Not the entire side of those who dislike it, as that would include those who are doing so for the wrong reason.

Raku likes this.
  17. imthegrimace

Nah. This isn't the third sequel. It's a reboot. It's more like if I band I like breaks up and the singer forms a new band. This movie won't affect the original or how much you can enjoy the original. Much like how that new band wouldn't ruin the older band at all.

Jakob Allen likes this.
  18. Dude... just go somewhere else man.

Aaron Mook and Jakob Allen like this.
  19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Or at least see the movie first so you can make valid points about why you didn't like the movie.

Trailers can be total garbage and mean nothing. Or it could mean a lot. But since we haven't seen the movie yet I would set down the torches for now.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'll echo what Tate said when the first one came out "It looks like 'Ghostbusters' movie." It looks decidedly average. But Feig always gets boned with bad trailers, so I remain optimistic.

The hate for this, I just don't get. Where was this level of hate for "Vacation" last year, a movie that was so shitty, it and Ed Helms should be blasted off into space to think about what they've done. Blows my mind. Or maybe a better example, "Robocop," a movie that was so painfully average, no one remembers it was even made.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  22. imthegrimace

While the Vacation move was probably ill advised and overall bad I dare you to watch it and not laugh at least a few times.

Vivatoto likes this.
  23. Even Dumb and Dumber To has been received better than this and it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Tim, Nyquist and Jason Tate like this.
  24. Old Fuck

Regular

As someone that never saw the original, the trailer didn't make it look THAT bad, but still not good enough to see in theaters. And the all female cast slightly increases my interest.

25. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Shakriel and Jason Tate like this.