Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters (Paul Feig, 2016) Movie • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Agreed. Besides, at least she can still use the series to get attention...

2. :facepalm:

Zilla, Full Effect Ed and Joe4th like this.
  3. chris

Trusted Supporter

"to get attention", my guy...

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

this thread is a giant yikes

Anthony_ and David Parke like this.
  5. Jusscali

The studio has a right to do whatever they want to do, as do the Reitman's who own the rights. They tried it out and it failed. Perhaps it could have succeeded more if the studio hadn't spent so much on the wack effects, but the numbers just weren't there. Move on, and find new projects to focus on. No one is denying that they took a lot of unwarranted heat, perhaps her the most, but it is what it is.

6. Dudes telling black women to ‘move on’ is a look you can just ... avoid by not typing. This is the easiest thing not to put your foot in your mouth at. It’s so easy not to weigh in like this.

7. Jusscali

I clearly meant move on in terms of not getting another shot at being apart of the universe, not to move on from injustices that are the result of her color. All of the women were denied the right - I'm not sure it has much to do with race. The treatment she received heading into the film from outside commentators may have had something to do with it, but certainly not the studio's decision to move on in a different direction.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Hmm...which member of the “Ghostbusters” got her nudes leaked and constantly mocked for her skin color? Yeah, race had nothing to do with it, I’m sure.

chris likes this.
  9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I try to avoid shot-in-the-dark internet scoops, but I did see some random Ghostbusters rumors floating around. Something about the leads being 4 kids, 2 boys & 2 girls, where only the one girl's race is specified in the casting. Implying that a girl who's related to an original Ghostbuster & her 3 friends will be teaming up to explore a mystery in their town.

It'd be funny, if that ended up being one of those scoops that actually lands, to see a present day sequel to an 80s classic use the same formula as 80s-nostalgic Stranger Things & It. Would be a fun film, though.

(Nothing to add to this Leslie Jones conversation other than I liked the reboot but understand why the studio would try this, but nonetheless, she's 110% entitled to a lot more anger than she's already expressed. Won't happen, but would love to see her get a cameo the way the OG cast did in the reboot, after all she's endured.)

10. That sounds exactly like what they would do. Something like Super 8.

Ding ding ding.

David Parke, Zilla and Tim like this.

yung_ting likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Can we go back and undo that conversation about how Leslie Jones was overreacting now?

Jason Tate, chris and Serh like this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Fucking seriously

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

"Giving it back to the fans" - Good lord. Read the room, man. I can't believe a person whose best, most successful work has been on movies that centered on strong female characters is so blatant in his disregard for what the 2016 version was trying to do.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing Tully and The Front Runner in the same year shows how badly he usually needs Diablo Cody holding his hand throughout

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The only good non-Diablo movies he's made are "Up In The Air" and "Thank You For Smoking." But both have really solid source material to build off of. When he does something like "The Front Runner" or "Men, Women & Children," it's a total disaster.

Serh likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Dumb shit like this furthers my opinion that Chapo Trap House sucks.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. If anything ruined Ghostbusters for you, it should be the fact that Bill Murray is allegedly a pretty bad person and not the progressive switch-up on a beloved story for a new generation that happens to exist at the same time as the original ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I still think the 3D in this was awesome

Zilla and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. Agreed, especially as someone who generally hates 3D in theaters (the shades are so dark)

DarkHotline likes this.
  21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. I liked the slime going over the widescreen bars.

DarkHotline likes this.
  22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Wo indeed

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Telling that it took him weeks of criticism to finally say what he supposedly believed all along.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter