Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters (Paul Feig, 2016) Movie • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Their series on it was very good. Re:view and HITB really added to the overall arc they were going for.

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

No problem with this, my one gripe with the Paul Feig film was that they should have kept it canon and just had the new characters reboot the business.

BornToRun and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. Last one was fun. Excited to see more.

4. I don't love or hate any of the Ghostbusters movies enough to feel strongly about this, but I'm curious about Reitman's take.

Vase Full Of Rocks and I Am Mick like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't really have any affinity for Ghostbusters in general but a Jason Reitman movie is not something I'm going to get excited for

6. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

What else has he done?

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

My dad says you guys are full of crap.

8. Jusscali

Lol

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Reitman has a weird batting average, but I feel like he could transition well with some of the fun visual stuff he did in “Juno” and “Young Adult.”

10. Jusscali

He’s def not a complete train wreck.

11. DooDooBird

Trusted

A few months ago Dan Aykroyd was running his mouth saying Ghostbusters 3 was in the works with the original cast involved. I was thinking it was Dan Aykroyd saying Dan Aykroyd things.

What captivates me the most about this new project is how they explain Egon's disappearance. Should be interesting.

David Parke likes this.
  12. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Dan’s been saying that for the past 25 years. He’s probably gone through two dozen different spec scripts

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The biggest missed opportunity will always remain that, if they were going to make another Ghostbusters film at all, the 2016 film should have been a "passing of the baton"-style sequel with Aykroyd, Murray, and Hudson back as their characters looking for a new group of scientists to "reboot" the business. Could've done some 21/22 Jump Street-style meta humor, maybe even backed up a truck full of cash to get Lord and Miller involved somehow as well. They never should have bothered with this different timeline/universe mess.

Davjs and BornToRun like this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

A teaser already? This must have already had a lot of discussions/planning in the shadows.

David Parke likes this.
  16. Ever since he passed away, yet they continue to talk about Ghostbusters as a property, I have wondered how they would handle that character disappearing. Is there a comic series that anyone knows is Canon? Like how back to the future is approved as canon by Bob Gail. I would be interested in reading that series for sure

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I never got around to watching the latest one. for those who enjoyed it, great. the tone in the trailers and clips just didn't vibe with me personally. but the biggest lack of interest for me as others have stated was it being a reboot. the 3 original members training a new generation of ghostbusters in honor of Egon could be really great. that's what I've hoped they'd go for at least.

18. Being a reboot didn’t hurt the movie; it’s still a good movie.

19. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Last one was a good movie. My wife and I had tons of fun watching it together and I’m sure my daughter will love it when she’s old enough to watch it.

This movie has a lot going for it as well. I’m sure Jason will do everything to make an awesome movie because of who he is and what the property means to his family. He’s super talented and there’s no reason to assume it won’t be anything but awesome.

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The 2016 reboot is in the same universe, correct? Might it be mentioned in the new film?

21. Agreed. I went in thinking they were gonna ruin the legacy. It’s it’s own thing and I actually enjoyed it. What’s funny is everyone loves bridesmaids so much which is largely the same team but I think Ghostbusters was a superior film. Is it as good as the original? No. But I think because they made their own thing that took a lot of the pressure off.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Nah. They just had a lot of the cast return but in other roles.

BornToRun and justin. like this.
  23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I definitely wouldn't say it being a reboot hurt the movie itself so if my wording comes across that way, not my intention. however when I looked at trailers and clips, it just didn't click with me, and it not being connected gave me less incentive to give something that didn't really interest me a chance. had it be connected I might have said, well I'm not really feeling this but since it's part of the series, let me check it out.

maybe one day i'll check it out, but I am looking forward to see what they do with this new one. and if it doesn't pan out, i'll always have the first two movies and the video game haha

24. If you like ... Ghostbusters ... it's a really good Ghostbuster movie though. :shrug:

25. The video game was GREAT! I watched every cut scene in full

Zilla and BackyardHero11 like this.