Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters (Paul Feig, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I won't be seeing it in theaters, but I also don't share the amount of love for the series most people do. I really enjoyed it as a kid, I just don't care to see a reboot. If it is well received, maybe I'll give it a shot down the road.

Raku likes this.
  2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

domotime2 likes this.
  3. lordjedediah

N00b3

Saying that your requests/concerns were ignored by the studio is a weird promotional strategy.

4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Yeah but you have to admit the title of that article purposely misleading and is forcing a very obvious response for people. McCarthy being confused about the time period of the trailer is NOT a complaint most have been citing

5. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

She also easily could have been saying it in a joking manor

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

7. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Trailers haven't been particularly good, but I trust Feig's track record and enjoy the cast enough to cast my doubts to the side.

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Second trailer is much better if than the first.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Whether or not the movie is good the amount of hate it's getting before it even comes out is insane.

popdisaster00 and Jason Tate like this.
  10. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

This... this doesn't look funny. At all.

Raku, lightning13 and beachdude42 like this.
  11. Jason Tate May 18, 2016
    (Last edited: May 18, 2016)
    Especially from the "I don't hate it because _____, I hate it for _____ crowd."

Vivatoto likes this.
  12. It actually pisses me off how many dislikes the new trailer already has. People are acting like this is the worst film to come out in decades and its fucking stupid.

13. Already has more than God of Egypt.

But, yeah, it's because it looks like it's a bad movie. :eyeroll:

14. Jakob Allen

Trusted

A reboot wasn't needed at all. But puting that aside, the jokes aren't funny, the main villain is the ghost from the logo (seriously?)

It looks like a bad movie. There's nothing wrong with thinking that. And there definitely isn't anything wrong with saying it, or voicing an opinion by disliking the trailer on YouTube.

Also, people don't have fond memories of Gods of Egypt from their childhood, so they probably feel less inclined to say that that movie looked awful too.

Not everything has to be a social issue.

Raku, lightning13 and beachdude42 like this.
  15. imthegrimace

Who fucking cares if you're a fan of the original this movie doesn't tarnish that one at all! It's a separate fucking movie! This one looks to be in the same vain as the original. If you don't want to see this then don't but everyone shitting on it is just obnoxious and makes them look like whiney 12 year olds. And in all honesty the original isn't that good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vivatoto likes this.
  16. Jakob Allen

Trusted

What is the point of having an opinion if you can't voice it? Just because the opinion is negative, doesn't make it invalid. You are basically saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"

By that logic, every negative review on this site should just read "Wont listen to this again." and give absolutely no reasons as to why.

Raku and beachdude42 like this.
  17. So? You could say that about what, 80% of movies these days that are rehashes or reboots of some kind.

I laughed at quite a few. Humor is subjective and these writers are funny. I also see plenty of horrific comedy trailers that I don't find funny that get 1/1000th of the hate.

I don't know why that's a big deal.

I didn't say there was.

Riiiiight. That's why ... :eyeroll:

I didn't say everything did.

18. imthegrimace

Nah I'm just sick of all this hate from people who are too afraid to come out and say the real reason why they already hate something that hasn't come out yet. And again you really hate something that hasn't come out yet.

19. Jakob Allen

Trusted

You specifically said "But yeah, it's because it looks like a bad movie" as if to say the only reason it is getting dislikes is because of the female cast, not because, oh I dunno, it looks like a bad movie! lol

20. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Where did I say I hated it? Only said it looks like a bad movie.

21. The movie was being hated on, in grotesque over the top proportions, before any trailer was ever released. So, yeah, I do think it's for reasons besides it "looking like a bad movie," because it happened before anyone saw anything from it. Now it's become the "actually it's about ethics in game blah blah blah" calling card.

jkauf and popdisaster00 like this.
  22. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Movie looks fun. Last year the trailer dropped for Paul Feig's movie, Spy, and I remember everyone hating on that too. Then it came out and it was hilarious. I trust the director, writers and cast.

23. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Yeah, I definitely remember that, but I was always open to seeing how it turned out. But if what is put in the trailer is what they are proud of, then I'm sorry, but it looks like a bad movie. I'll clarify, it looks bad to me. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion. But it seems no one can say anything negative about the movie without being told "Its because you have a problem with a female cast", or being straight up labeled sexist in some cases.

Raku likes this.
  24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

People can have valid reasons to not be interested in this.

But, I can't imagine any reality where the literally record-breaking negative response can be explained without misogyny in the equation.

25. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Have you seen the record breaking negative response to the new Call of Duty game? 2,391,236 dislikes on YouTube. Ghostbusters trailer only has 804,579. So please, explain how misogyny factors in, since it is impossible to take it out of the equation.

Raku likes this.