Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Jason Reitman, November 19 , 2021) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Shoulda released the fucker this summer grrrr

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Sony has Venom in September and Hotel Transylvania in October. Plus there's a ton of other blockbusters coming out. Probably didn't want to compete.

3. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Do any of these fuckers ever blast out of the fucking wall and have like a huge cumshot?

4. Jusscali

Lol wut

5. the rural juror

Or any of these fuckers ever fucking fall out of the ceiling and have like a big messy shit?

mescalineeyes, SpyKi, FTank and 8 others like this.
  6. Jusscali

Double down sir

7. the rural juror

Not trying to be funny

Not trying to get a laugh

I'm just asking if any of these fuckers ever blast out of the wall and have like a big cumshot or donkey dick

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lol look at this guy who doesn’t have CornCob TV

mescalineeyes likes this.
  9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ghost Blasts is sure to be a big hit for Corncob TV. Spectrum will probably call him a dumb hick at a dinner again.

10. soggytime

Trusted

Idk I liked Ghostbusters when it was a silly 80s comedy where the joke is the characters are basically shlubby exterminators that happen to catch Ghosts instead of rats/bugs.

Treating Ghostbusters as having this important sacred lore is so lame. Make a comedy! Not whatever this Stranger Things thing is.

jkauf and LightWithoutHeat like this.
  11. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It was the second biggest movie of 1984 at the box office, not sure why people tend to paint these movies into a comedy-only corner. It was a blockbuster film in every sense of the word for 1980s standards, and even had some creepy as hell moments built in. I also don’t think the trailer is being entirely accurate with the portrayal of what we’re going to fully get on screen.

chewbacca110 and Jusscali like this.
  12. Jusscali

To add onto this - comedy or not - these characters meant/mean a ton to me. We watched these films incessantly growing up. To see a film that ties to the roots of those OG characters and treats them seriously enough for me to gaf is wonderful in my eyes. I hope it’s funny. I hope it’s spooky. Either way I’m ecstatic to see these characters on film together again in some capacity.

13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This times a billion.

14. SFguitar

Regular

How is that cereal though?? Looks bomb

Jusscali likes this.
  15. Jusscali

Hella tasty

SFguitar likes this.
  16. Jusscali

Mfers I wish there was ghosts up in this bitch so I could be a Ghostbuster fr

17. soggytime

Trusted

My whole thing is... it was a giant comedy with some of the biggest comedy stars at its time and leaning into more "serious" nerd franchise building sucks.

Paul Rudd is right there.... You can toe the line and be goofy with creepy elements like the original, but this has too much of the "THIS IS FOR THE REAL FANS AND HOW IMPORTANT THEIR CHILDHOODS WERE" energy for me. Just because Jason Reitman is Ivan's son doesn't instill confidence he was the right choice for this.

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My childhood:

[​IMG]

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Never had a proper Super Soaker, but I sure as shit had this bad boy:

[​IMG]

David Parke likes this.
  20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Did you make any friends?

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

My tolerance for Ghostbusters fans ran out after the 2016 backlash. I just can’t take people that make it their entire identity.

That said, this looks exactly how I would expect a Jason Reitman “Ghostbusters” to be. His comedies have always been pretty earnest and melodramatic, so this fits right in there with them.

22. chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I'm torn between not really remembering Ghostbusters being an out and out comedy but also feeling like this movie really wants to be a sequel to ET.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm just really curious how they could use Venkman in this climate, is he gonna hit on Carrie Coon

25. DooDooBird

Trusted

The Hasbro toys look good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Parke likes this.