Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Jason Reitman, November 19 , 2021) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Dan is fucking wacked, eh? And good god does it seem like he and Bill hate each other hahaha

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Bill Murray looks like he hates every minute of promoting this. Doesn't he basically hate this franchise besides the first one?

Jusscali likes this.
  3. Jusscali

Yes. I’ve only ever read about his hate, but observing it is another thing entirely. He wants to kill the looney big time lol

4. ghostedaway Nov 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2021)
    ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Still on the fence about seeing this in a theater or just waiting for digital

Update: I had a 5 dollar reward on Fandango so I'm seeing this on Sunday morning for 3 bucks haha

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Bill only agreed to do the first Ghostbusters so Paramount would fund his passion project, The Razor’s Edge, which ended up being a critical and commercial disappointment.

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Bill only did this one out of respect due to Harold Ramis’ passing and that the son of the director of original 2 films made this one.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

I think Bill agreed to cameo in Paul Feig’s movie simply so his character was killed off, which he originally wanted in the theoretical part 3.

8. DooDooBird

Trusted

He did it bc Sony was gonna sue him if he didn’t. If you think his promotional stuff for this new movie is awkward, you gotta watch the 2016 appearances for the girls movie. lol

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Bill and Harold not talking for decades because Bill was such a jerk while doing Groundhog's Day can't help

Zilla and Anthony_ like this.
  10. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Bill's falling out with Harold is really depressing. Like, for decades Harold had no idea what he did wrong. Bill just hated him for no reason other than Bill's an asshole and then eventually made amends while he was dying.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That’s why I think Bill chose to do this one. Bill refused to do a Ghostbusters 3 for years even though Harold, Dan and Ernie were wanting to do it. Bill probably regrets not doing it before Harold died so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s one of the reasons he agreed to do this one.

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Bill sucks shit

13. Jusscali

Perhaps but these films go nowhere without him

14. Jusscali

So nobody saw a screening or opening?

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

maybe if there were more/any available

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

probably gonna see this tomorrow

GrantCloud and Anthony_ like this.
  17. Jusscali

Reviews are tanking now. I’ve got tickets for tomorrow night.

18. DooDooBird

Trusted

69% on rotten tomatoes currently. Nice.

Penlab likes this.
  19. somethingwitty

Trusted

Just saw it...if you are a fan of the first two you'll enjoy it. It's not a great film by any means, but its very much in the same vein as The Force Awakens. Pure fan-service, doesn't really work that well as a stand alone film.

All of the children/teens give great performances, as does Rudd, he's just wasted for a good potion of the film.

20. Jusscali

But I wanna love it mannnnn lol

21. soggytime

Trusted

To be honest I full on hated this. Especially the third act.

Weird this is the hollywood sequel that broke me

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Even worst than Grown Ups 2?!?!

Henry likes this.
  23. Jusscali

Noooooooo!

24. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Loved it. Really had to turn the brain off but the first one is a very silly movie too so that’s fine.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

McKenna Grace rules and Phoebe is one of the better asd coded characters I've ever seen, I also love that she's played geniuses with 2 Avengers
    Muncher did nothing wrong
    I still can't believe the friends are named Podcast and Lucky
    how often is Paul Rudd going to Walmart at like 11 to get ice cream
    every reference to the original was groan worthy for me, just like hey remember that thing Leo pointing dot jpeg
    I can't believe Phoebe actually said "so that just happened"
    I will say I would have loved this if I was a kid, but now I was just like why are you going into that spooky tunnel leave the spirit world be