Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Getting Old and Probably Dying Thread • Page 9

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Oct 3, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

when I turned 29 in December my boss was like “ohh the last birthday!!” I was thinking like oh are you gonna kill me or something

GrantCloud and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

every age blurs so much I'm always like I'm I guess carry the 4 32

GrantCloud likes this.
  3. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

My sister has been writing "[#] more years until you're 50!" in my birthday card every year since I was 20.

Brent and GrantCloud like this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've been having sciatica issues. Sometimes if I've been sitting at my desk or driving, when I get up I limp like a weirdo. But it only happens some of the time so I never know when to expect it so I'm like lalalala life is life, and then I stand up and die.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

cough Jun 12, 2020 cough

But seriously, I had/have that too, the absolute worst. Do you sit all day?

6. Kiana

Not really? I mean I do a bit. I have a job that has me sitting at a desk and driving a lot, but it also has me moving around and I can get up when I want so I'm not like chained there. I think I need to go to a chiropractor honestly

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Part of me wants to do a long road trip this - er, next - summer, or the one after, and I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to. I sit in the car for maybe 20 minutes now and my ass and legs hurt like I’ve been jammed in a trunk or some shit for days. Can’t imagine that working well for sitting in a car for 70+ hours.

how the hell I always used to do that in my early 20’s I’ll never know. I swear when you’re in your teens and early 20’s your body is made out of whatever Gumby is and then you turn into a goddamn 2x4 and some rusty springs.

8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

My knees are my worst enemy

9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Upper back pain and tinnitus are my currently enemies.

Dirty Sanchez and waking season like this.
  10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I just turned my head and tweaked something in my upper back. Now I can’t turn my head, back pain is a blast

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I’m camping in the backyard with my daughter tonight and I already know my back is going to be shot tomorrow

12. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I hate camping for that reason haha. I value comfort way too much to sleep on the ground in the woods somewhere lol

kassie09 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

just sat down at my desk for the first time in 3 months and my back already hurts. my knees are also dead from sitting pretzel style on the bed for those 3 months

waking season and Jake W like this.
  14. Chuck W

"You got the fat guy in the T-Shirt
    Doing all the singing
    Straight to the drunk tank doing the research 'n
    Doing all the blame." How I feel daily haha

15. CoffeeandCigarettes

Brain cancer survivor here....getting old aint so bad. Cherish it if you can.

16. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I’ve tweaked my back twice now in about four weeks. Lame!

17. Kiana

Sometimes I just get random pains in my body and eventually it'll go away but I'm always like hmm hope that's nothing serious lol.

justin., jkauf and waking season like this.
  18. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Something that has been hard to reckon with recently is that as you get older while not being in a LTR, your closest relationships are not closest to you. when you have a hard of a time as I do making new friends you become so desperate to hold onto old ones. It sounds so selfish that I’m concerned about my friends being in loving relationships, ugh.

emt0853 and waking season like this.
  19. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Can anyone else crack their hips like they crack their knuckles

I can crack my hips in several directions, and I feel like that's not going to feel great at all in 10 years

waking season likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Literally every other time I bend over my hips pop lol

21. Weird LiBrary

Regular

Got run over by a car when I was a kid and every year it's a little less "lol I can predict the rain" and a little more "actual arthritis."

Elder Lightning likes this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

23. Kiana

Sometimes my knees feel like lil spindly twigs

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I was going to say “speaking of birthdays” but then realized those posts were months old... but since I mentioned it, for the several year in a row no one wished me a happy birthday this year :(

25. Kiana

Just gonna add onto my previous knee complaint. I don't ever remember being aware of like feeling my knees really until the last few months. Now I feel them when I squat down or just bend my leg up. It doesn't necessarily hurt, it just feels like it always needs to be stretched out.