Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Getting Old and Probably Dying Thread • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Oct 3, 2016.

1. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I've got bad news about 34...

DickyCullz and Ken like this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I'll be surprised if I can still stand up at 34

waking season likes this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

GrantCloud and BlueEyesBrewing like this.
  4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

ChaseTx and Ken like this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

[​IMG]

6. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

A few weeks ago I hurt my back by sitting in my crappy wooden IKEA chair for two hours doing Zoom karaoke and it took me over a week to be able to move around without pain. I ordered new chairs but JFC.

waking season likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Thought you said Zoom karate which seems like a good way to hurt yourself/furniture

summertimejesus and Jake W like this.
  8. Jake W

Imagine having the energy for Zoom karate

summertimejesus and ChaseTx like this.
  9. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

I have nerve damage in toes on one foot and lately my other foot tingles/spasms/sends weird jolts to my toes if I touch the top of it

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

this probably isn’t age related but my sense of smell sucks. today my roommate was like “there’s something super rotten hiding in our fridge” and I couldn’t smell it at all. turns out some salad I forgot about went bad lol
    the worst instance of this was back in the day when our cat was still with us (RIP), one of our other roommates was away for a week and the cat brought home a dead bird and hid it in her room. I couldn’t smell it, while the other roomies were like “I think there’s a dead animal in the walls or something.” It wasn’t until a week later that I could finally smell it.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. jkauf Jun 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2020)
    jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

36 here, it definitely keeps getting worse, haha.

But last year I finally had enough and started seeing a physical therapist to work on posture, breathing (Who knew we don’t breathe properly most of the time thanks to stress or the way our body is inclined to move/be positioned in this world?), stretching, tension in the pelvis, hip flexors, jaw, shoulders, back, hamstrings — basically the works. At first I was going every couple of weeks and once improvement started every five. I’d highly recommend that for anyone if you can afford it or have insurance that’ll cover it. I realize since that’s not possible for everyone, at least try to look up and learn about diaphragmatic breathing and the various stretches/exercises/techniques. There’s stuff you can do while sitting on the couch, driving or taking a shower; other stuff that you can do twice a day for 10/15 minutes.

Swear I’m not usually one to peddle health advice, but it definitely works/helps and makes a huge difference if you keep at it awhile and make it part of your daily routine. After sticking with it for about a year, I had to stop going once Covid started (I’m immunosuppressed so no idea when I’ll be able to go back either) and thanks to a number of reasons fell off my at-home routine as well. Stopped working out too. This past Monday I finally had enough of my body feeling shitty again and got back on both routines; I can already feel improvement.

Anyway, yeah, highly recommend that along with exercising (at least just walking for 30 minutes), trying to eat healthy most of the time, getting outside/sun anytime weather allows, drinking lots of water, and whatever else you can do to help alleviate/manage stress. Self-care! Be kind to yourself! Therapy is awesome too!

/rant

sonder, Kiana, waking season and 5 others like this.
  12. scroopy.noopers

: (

yea i would just like a completely artificial body now; this one is finished.

jkauf, mad and Jake W like this.
  13. Pulled weeds out of my garden the other day and now I can't walk???

K0ta, GrantCloud, sonder and 3 others like this.
  14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I played tug-o-war with my dog and my shoulder was in pain for two days.

15. Jake W

Is your dog strong at least

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Slightly. She is a blonde lab. The part that made me feel old is that it was for less than a minute.

Jake W likes this.
  17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

bro are you 85

K0ta, popdisaster00 and waking season like this.
  18. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

also what do you grow? I am also a fellow plant enthusiast

19. this year I am growing tomatoes, carrots, beans, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peppers, raspberries, and watermelons!

sonder, K0ta and GrantCloud like this.
  20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

nice bro

I got cilantro, basil, tomatoes, and peppers on the patio

and a few house plants lol

K0ta and popdisaster00 like this.
  21. Sweet. As far as house plants go, I have a few cactuses.

GrantCloud and K0ta like this.
  22. Oh I also planted a cherry tree this year

GrantCloud and K0ta like this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I would do cacti but my cat is sort of an idiot so

I have a Boston fern and calathea

popdisaster00 likes this.
  24. kassie09

Regular

I am extremely upset about turning 30 this year. It’s not until September, but I’ve panicked about it quite a few times already.

24-27 were the most fun years of my life and I just want to re-live them forever.

Ken likes this.
  25. Iain

Regular

Do you also have everyone under the sun reminding you that you are turning 30 soon? ‘Cause I do!