Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Getting Old and Probably Dying Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Oct 3, 2016.

1. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I got invited to my ten year reunion last night.

Garrett L. likes this.
  2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

My friend is seeing doctors about being prediabetic and it freaks me out a bit bc our diets are not dissimilar

3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm prediabetic myself. Does it run in your family?

4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah :( which is additional reason I'm freaked

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This happened to me with NFG a week or so ago, I was hurting like fuck walking out of that venue.

6. Yo this exact same thing happened to me with my TA/Thursday date hahaha

jjnunn118 likes this.
  7. In keeping with the theme of this thread though, I'll be 25 in less than two months, my diet is absolutely atrocious (recently became vegetarian but so far have used that as an excuse to binge on fried shit/sweets) and I despise exercise in all forms that aren't hiking in the mountains...and I live in Indiana. So no mountains to be had. I know I need to change my habits before it's too late and I'm set in my ways, and it feels like that window is closing.

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'll third this haha I was up front for Thursday and TA and I'm so sore today I feel like death

DaydreamNation and ChaseTx like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

It's like I turned 25 and my body was like, "fuck you", and I started packing on the pounds. I've always been the guy who could eat whatever he wanted and not gain any weight. I'm by no means fat but it's clear my metabolism has slowed. I'm skinny fat.

EDIT: Last year I had a period of about 4 months where I ate healthy and worked out almost every day and I felt amazing and started getting cut. I need to get back to that -_-

10. theagentcoma

It happens to all of us :/ I had a crazy fast metabolism and couldn't break 120 lbs for years. Then I turned 24-25 and everything just slowed down and got fatter lol

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I had insane back pain all day today. Like any slight movement of my lower spine was agony. The process of sitting down was particularly trying

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I looked in the mirror and thought I had something in my hair. Nah. Just a new patch of a grey.

Also apparently wings make me violently ill now nooooooo

ChaseTx and dadbolt like this.
  13. ChaseTx

I plucked a long grey hair out the other day. Fucker

14. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm getting greys around the ears..I'm okay with salt and pepper tho.

15. I started doing Crossfit at 25 and ended up loving it. I'm more health-conscious than ever now and it's a lot of fun.

The sad part is I now have two herniated lumbar discs apparently from being overweight before.

Before 25 I never thought I'd use words like "hernia" or "lumbar discs" so yeah.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  16. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Man, I have a few greys coming in. But not as much to make up for the shit ton of thinning in the back.

17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

It happens to the best of us.

18. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I have to do this with my right eyebrow. If I started plucking head hair I'd be in the bathroom for a long time. There's a reason i buzz the sides so short.

ChaseTx and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  19. theagentcoma

I see grey hairs sometimes, other times it's one of my dog's hairs. Stuff gets EVERYWHERE

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

My hair started receding at the temples quite awhile ago so I just said "fuck it" and now I shave my head bald

21. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

found a few greys these last 8 months. I wish my hair would say fuck it and just go full Daenerys Targaryen on me.

Also, not sure if "old" or "car accident" but i've got crazy aches and pains all the time. Stretching huuuurts

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

tinnitus so I have to wear earplugs at concerts
    plus I sometimes get headaches or just feel awful if music is too loud in like a restaurant or store or whatever, I also get headaches from certain fragrances

23. ChaseTx

I should wear earplugs. Always makes the music sound better and otherwise my ears ring for a day afterward

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

Yeah earplugs are an absolute necessity at shows these days. I wish I had been smart enough to use them earlier in life.

25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

where do i get earplugs that don't muffle everything and make me not care about my ear health but are also affordable? do those exist?