Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Get Out (Jordan Peele, February 24 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Nathan Feb 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2017)
    Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Holy Hell.

Spoiler tagging just in case.

For a film to this radically embrace the charged imagery of black male on white woman violence, then bring the police in as a terror, rather than salvation, is pretty remarkable. This was absolutely excellent and just... just incredible.

Spoiler tagging for the final moments.

The shot when he stops strangling her as the police lights approach, he puts his hands up, and she cries for help was one of the most tense moments I've had in a theater... then the door opens and I read "AIRPORT" and laughed out loud with a full body relief. Just astounding.

2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

i went through so many emotions in those last few minutes

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

[QUOTE="Nathan, post: 843326, member: 139"

Spoiler tagging for the final moments.

The shot when he stops strangler her as the police lights approach, he puts his hands up, and she cries for help was one of the most tense moments I've had in a theater... then the door opens and I read "AIRPORT" and laughed out loud with a full body relief. Just astounding.[/QUOTE]

My theater erupted and it was so enjoyable.

4. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Saw this tonight and loved it. Also have to cosign on literally everyone in my theater applauding when Rod showed up at the end. Part of me thought that maybe when Rod did finally show up then both he and Chris would have to fight off the police and win, but then yeah I saw the "Airport" on the door and laughed and cheered with everyone else. Fantastic.

5. Night Channels

Trusted

When Chris and Rod were sitting in the car at the end, I still had this sense of dread that something bad was going to happen to Rod. I was just waiting for him to get shot or something.

It was such a relief to see them escape.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Wow. I shouldn't be surprised but wow.

RyanPm40 and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

My favorite moment is when he walks up the stairs during the party and everyone downstairs falls silent. For the most part, I found this movie to be more amusing than scary, but that little moment was pretty chilling imo.

chewbacca110, RyanPm40, mad and 2 others like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Wow, great movie, I really enjoyed it. I do think the 100% on RT kind of had me expecting a little more, and it was a little predictable, though. The second the guy at the beginning got off his phone, I leaned in and whispered " twenty bucks says that the woman he got off the phone with is the lead character's love interest" to my girlfriend lol.

9. Dog with a Blog Feb 25, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017)
    Dog with a Blog

It's like a really good episode of Twilight Zone

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I saw this tonight knowing nothing about it except it made some fragile white ppl upset, but I loved it. I def wasn't as smart as others cause I didn't predict it and there were a few things I had to ask for clarification on and I'm usually good at following movies so idk what happened there! But the concept and atmosphere was so creepy and unsettling omg.

11. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

This movie was phenomenal. So many thoughts about it, I'll save it for when I can gather them all. But I was surprised at how incredible a movie this was, from the acting to the directing to the writing. All top notch.

mad likes this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

T.S.....mothafuckin A

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just got home from seeing this, I loved it.

My only complaint is that it wasn't really a jump out of your seat scary movie, but it certainly was creepy.

Also my only confusion with the ending was they didn't try and save Andre.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

Also, the whole twist [spoilers/]about them being their grandparents didn't make sense. If they were their family why were they servants? Why was Gpa Joe running hella fast at night? It serviced the plot more than it actually made sense but whatevs [/spoilers]

I'm drunk and I don't know how to do spoilers I'm sorry

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. mad Feb 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2017)
    mad

I was right. Prestigious

[ spoiler ] blah blah [ / spoiler ]

they were definitely just pretending to be servants to keep up appearances in front of Chris. How else would they explain two random unrelated people living with them? Grandpa was enjoying his fast body and probably didn't notice Chris standing there.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  16. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

i mean he wasn't really Andre anymore. He was that lady's husband inside Andre's body

18. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Andre was gone home to wherever with "his" wife, he wasn't at the house anymore. And also, as we see with the person whose body the grandpa was inhabiting, the only way to save would have been to kill him.
    Anyway, amazing movie. The shot Nathan mentioned at the end was just incredible.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

white people are scary, especially the women.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Fuck yea, this met my extremely
    High expectations.
    Kudos to Jordan.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

FUCK FUCK FUCK
    THIS WAS AWESOME

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Is it too early to say that this is the best horror movie of the decade so far? Because, dammit, it is.

25. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Wow. That was the best movie I've seen in a really long time. It was working on so many levels. I didn't like Keanu much, but after seeing GET OUT, I'll watch anything Peele puts out in theaters.

Has anyone talked about how the reason Chris was able to escape is because of the cotton that he got out of the chair? Aka he was saved in part by the ramifications of the oppression of slaves.

AndrewSoup, jkauf, jjnunn118 and 2 others like this.