Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Get Out (Jordan Peele, February 24 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 4, 2016.

1. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed the exploration of the insecurities of both white people and black people. It's something I always enjoyed with Key and Peele.

I figured out the twist about 30-40 minutes in, but it was still enjoyable to see it play out.

imthesheriff likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Me and a friend are trying to decide if we should see this or Split tomorrow night. Anyone seen both and have a preference?

3. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

See BOTH! Split should be way less crowded since it's been out for over a month.

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I can't get that damn JoJo song out of my head, he should call his next one Too Little Too Late

and yeah this was really good and you could definitely sense Jordan's voice

5. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Damn this was excellent, it managed to exceed my high expectations. Just gonna spoiler everything else just in case.
    Some scattered thoughts:
    - The auction scene was so chilling
    - Seeing a movie where every white character died but every black character lived was very refreshing
    - everything from when Chris escaped the chair until the end was so satisfying. most of the theatre applauded when Rod showed up at the end
    - on top of all the great things about the plot this was also so visually interesting. I really hope Peele continues directing.
    - very very impressed with Daniel Kaluuya. Allison Williams was also creepy as fuck (esp. during that phone call with Rod)
    - I hate to sound hyperbolic but I really loved everything about this movie

6. atlas

Trusted

Yeah this movie was absolutely fantastic

7. Looooved this

8. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Just came back from it, sooooo good

9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

The hypnosis scene and sunken place was so well done. So creepy.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  10. marceting

Trusted

So how "scary" is this movie? Trying to convince friends to go tonight.

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

There's some jump scares and an overall foreboding feeling throughout most of the movie. Definitely a slow burner.

This is a horror movie in the sense of a "if this really happened, it would be terrifying" sort of way.

marceting likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

so was the party just a set up for Chris to meet Blind Milton and for other people to come who were interested in doing the program next right?

also something else I'm thinking of did they think Chris wouldn't notice, or does him being paranoid help somehow?

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

it was a set up for everyone to check him out before bidding on him.

14. Night Channels

Trusted

They were all checking him out. The Bingo game was a silent auction for control over Chris' body. The old man that couldn't golf anymore wanted a new, athletic body to golf again...Very unsettling when he went upstairs and everyone stopped faking the party.

ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I liked that scene but it reminded me a lot of a certain Eli Roth movie. Felt a little lifted for my taste.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm surprised that I'm surprised

18. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Well it's definitely an indictment of white liberals. It's a cultural critique, not a strictly racial one.

19. mad

I was right. Prestigious

The first two reviews they quote in that article seem like they didn't even see the movie lol

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This was really great. Peele's direction was fantastic too.

imthesheriff and Aaron Mook like this.
  21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Great movie.

22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I cannot wait to see this movie.

Unfortunately, my town and other adjacent towns theatres have boycotted the film for being "anti white" and "promoting racism" so I'll have to venture about 40 minutes away or so to see it. But I'm sure it'll be more than worth it.

23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Booo that sucks
    I can't wait to see this again

Night Channels and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Where do you live? That's just insane. Movie is no more racist towards whites than every other movie is towards blacks.

25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

North Carolina, a small beach town. Yeah it's pretty baffling