Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Get Out (Jordan Peele, February 24 2017) Movie • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I should also add here that Jordan Peele was deep into production when the Black Lives Matter movement had begun and social justice was on the rise. He ran a test screening for an audience and they were unhappy with the alternate ending you can see on the blu ray release. So he rewrote it to reflect the shifting social climate and that's how we got the theatrical version.

2. I bought a copy of this last night and it was even better the second time around. Incredible film.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I definitely picked up on a lot more after my second time through.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

just watched this and it was real good.

i really got a kick out of the particular reveal / understanding of the caretakers, as i immediately caught the old-timey dialogue they used (made especially apparent when Georgina used "tattle" after not understanding "snitch").

liked the slow burn of the film even though there was no like, great twist or shock on top of it.

the very end was kind of weird with music playing as Chris walked to the car, the music then stops after like 5 seconds and Chris doesn't say thanks or show any emotion, nor does his friend really even though there are dead bodies and blood everywhere haha

was real good and didn't surprise me in the fucking least that the one "rotten" review on RT was from that goddamn Armond White guy who hates everything good just to be different. (edit: and now i see there are 2 rotten reviews)

5. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

That scene was absolute genius.

6. airik625

Joe, incognitojones and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. ^Watched those last night. Also started on the film's commentary and there's already so much I missed, haha. Like I never realized it was Andre who gets abducted at the beginning, and Jeremy (the brother) who abducts him. He's in a Knight's Templar helmet because there's this whole Knight's Templar mythology behind the film that Peele explains. Also, the first time we see Chris, he's smearing shaving cream on his face (whiteface) which is supposed to be foreshadowing the operation.

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Did you just think it was a cold open with some rando getting abducted?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. marsupial jones

Who was opening the little closet door? The girlfriend and then forgetting to close it? Not a big deal but that leads to a big reveal and there's no logical explanation.

BKO5950505 likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

Figured out after thinking back on the film that it was the brother because of the car. Thought it was odd that there was that wide shot of the car when Chris drives away from the house and figured there had to be a reason. That was a well done, sly reveal.

11. marsupial jones

Triple post:

Did his girlfriend have no friends he met? No way she has friends right since she does what she does constantly right?

12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I thought about this as well..

13. airik625

from those deleted scenes:

don't give up on love, love won't give up on you

no more white girls for you! That's it!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm sure she had friends in the city, I think that only happened once a year she could have easily hidden that from everyone

but you'd think they'd notice something fishy about her boyfriends though

15. Yep, haha. I swear I'm not usually this dumb when watching movies. That part just never clicked with me.

FTank likes this.
  16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I was the same until I watched it the second time.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I was finally able to watch this today and I thought it was great. There was a few important pieces that I didn't realized at first, like I didn't realize Andre was the guy getting abducted in the opening scene until after the movie was over. I also didn't realize that it was an auction instead of bingo until a little after that scene, which I felt dumb not to pick up on. Anyway, I thought it was really good, not as scary as I thought it would be though. The ending was really awesome and definitely didn't expect it.

19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Have only seen it twice. Excited for the re-watches.

WHat are some of the good podcasts/ long form interviews surrounding this film?

20. the commentary is really insightful, haha

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This movie was pretty great, went into it trying to know as little as possible and it paid off

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This. Is.

Really good.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. airik625

24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

that's dope