Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

George from The 1975 Breaks Shoulder

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

George from The 1975 slipped while getting off the tour bus and broke his shoulder. The band won’t be canceling any shows while it heals.

. @Gdans1975 is ok, he's just sad he's gonna miss some shows over next few weeks while his shoulder heals. Slipped getting off tour bus…

— Jamie Oborne (@jamieoborne) May 4, 2016

. @Gdans1975 is ok, he's just sad he's gonna miss some shows over next few weeks while his shoulder heals. Slipped getting off tour bus...

— Jamie Oborne (@jamieoborne) May 4, 2016

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

Best comment I saw (on reddit) was that he broke his arm trying to climb Red Rocks while stoned. (Red Rocks show on Monday was *phenomenal* by the way) But he played the show in Kansas City last night so must have been sometime after that show.

3. ARo24

Regular

Well that sucks. Only 17 days left until I see them. Hope he gets well soon.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Guys a great drummer

5. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

Are they getting a replacement for the next few shows?

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Looks like the drummer from the opening band, The Japanese House, filled in last night (his name is Freddy Sheed). Not sure if he will play all the shows or if they will find someone else.

7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

[insert joke about him being replaced with the drum machine that played on the new album here :crylaugh:]

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

one of the best drummers out there.

9. chris-wrecker

Trusted

saw them a week ago, his drums sounded sooooo good live, that snare especially

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

My heart dropped for a sec, then read the second half of the sentence.