Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal (Adult Swim) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by sawhney[rusted]2, Jul 29, 2019.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Coming off an award-winning final season of Samurai Jack, Adult Swim is reuniting with creator Tartakovsky on this new animated series. Primal features a caveman at the dawn of evolution. A dinosaur on the brink of extinction. Bonded by tragedy, this unlikely friendship becomes the only hope of survival in a violent, primordial world. This half-hour animated series will debut on Adult Swim this fall.

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

oh, cool. that last season of Samurai Jack was a borderline masterpiece, first three eps especially

Davjs likes this.
  3. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

looks amazing, I really should get around to SJ soon

4. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah I need to get around to a full run of SJ. Loved it as a kid, and watched a bunch of episodes here and there. Genndy does great work though, so I'm excited to see what he does with Primal

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

one of my favourite shows as a kid and it's held up incredibly well, especially the art style which is above and beyond pretty much everything from it's era. there's some filler for sure but also some outright classic stuff

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

coleslawed likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

8. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

Just watched this on HBO Max and it blew me away. Absolutely gutting and unrelentingly brutal at times. But such a beautiful and moving show. I have pretty high expectations for Tartakovsky and this more than lived up to them.

9. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah I just watched the first episode and thought pretty much the exact same thing, haha. Very excited to watch the rest.

10. SpyKi

Finally finished season 1 which was excellent so I'm onto season 2 now. Episode 2 just destroyed me, I'm so emotionally invested in these two characters.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

anyone else still watching this?
    season finale was great, curious if that was the end or if we’ll get more with young Spira (that’s what i’m calling her for now) and gang.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. SpyKi

man I hope so. this is easily one of my favourite shows ever already, I don't want it to end yet!

coleslawed likes this.
  13. soggytime

Trusted

Genndy has spoken about turning this show into an anthology series. Also he has another cartoon coming out (assuming Zaslav doesn’t make that vanish for tax purposes) and an R rated animated comedy coming out next year. Dude stays busy so I wonder how long it will take for a third season if that was the plan

coleslawed likes this.