Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Questions Help • Page 8

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. I think we were saying 35k.

2. kupe

Regular

I'm having trouble following threads (and getting updates from them) when I don't post in them and just click "follow this thread". Am I doing something wrong?

3. You'll only get notifications from the followed threads you visit (otherwise you'd just get a constant stream of notifications), but all your followed threads and latest updates can be found here:

https://forum.chorus.fm/followed/threads/all

kupe likes this.
  4. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Any reason that the tags in the music forum only allow for "Band" instead of something like "Artist"? Just looking through and sometimes that tag doesn't make sense. Like say for Kesha, whose thread is currently tagged Band.

5. Too similar to "album" when you view it. So I went with "band" to differentiate.

6. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Fair point!

7. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

@Jason Tate I think I asked this but if you edit a post with a quote from someone do they get a notification

Also there being an @ Jason confused me there lol

8. They do not, it would be pretty complicated to do that right.

Nick likes this.
  9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Thought so. Just wondering.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Is there any way to see my post count on mobile?

phillyfradet likes this.
  11. Mini profile in landscape mode has it

12. Kingjohn_654

What's mini profile?

13. Kingjohn_654

I'm still not seeing it. Is it because I'm on Android or something?

14. Shouldn't as long as your phone is the right size. Tap a username, little profile comes up, turn phone, and it'll show at the top. Just like the desktop.

15. cheesus

So when I signed up I meant to make my account name a different name, but once I had added my email I accidentally used auto-fill and it changed my username to my real name lol. Is there any way to change this? Or delete my account and start over?

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  16. Pm me what you want me to change it to

Craig ledbetter likes this.
  17. cheesus

Message sent, thanks!

Dirty Sanchez and Jason Tate like this.
  18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

cheesus causin' trouble already.

FTank, cheesus and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. cheesus

Just tryina' stay consistent from AP to this teehee

20. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Is there a way to keep drafted replies from saving? I never use them and deleting feels like it takes forever

21. Not currently.

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

One thing I've wondered recently is about old threads popping back up. There have been many times where a thread is bumped for the first time in a long time, and when clicking on it it doesn't go to the first unread, bur rather just page 1. Is there a time limit for when a thread will default to page 1 instead of "first unread"?

23. After 30 days of not visiting it, threads are marked as "read." Keeping all that data stored for every thread and every user is too intense otherwise. So, after 30 days it discards that information of what the last post you read was, meaning on an old thread that gets re-bumped it's probably gonna be on the last page.

irthesteve likes this.
  24. Shyam Sharma

Regular

Can we discuss about other things beside music in this Forum?????
    such as comdey, magic etc. etc.