Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Questions Help • Page 7

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. devenstonow

Noobie

@Jason Tate not really site related, but what's the name for the concept of domain names relating to the websites concept? Ie. The "FM" in chorus.fm? Isn't there a name for that? Was trying to think of it yesterday

2. I'm actually not sure. I think I know what you mean, but I don't know if I've heard a specific phrase used.

3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but is it possible to attach a video to a post on my iPhone? Got a hella spooky (real) video I shot that I wanna upload to the ghost thread!

4. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

I think the official name for what you're talking about is a top-level domain, but a more specific subset called public suffixes... the whole saga of getting them opened up past what used to be the normal ones (.com, .net. .org, etc) to include stuff like .fm has been a pretty interesting story to follow (though it took me like, ages to process all the weird terminology used everywhere and explained nowhere, haha).

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

How do you block someone if their profile is private?

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Is there a way to unfollow a thread even if you're posting in it? Especially for sports threads, I don't need constant notifications when I'm posting regularly

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So the last two days when I hit my icon for chorus on my iPhone it keeps making me re sign in. It's done it four times today alone. Is there something I can do to fix this? Up until now it's never done this. Just always had me signed in.

8. Do you have the "remember me" button selected?

Try killing the cookies/data/cache for Safari as well.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ok yeah I did notice the remeber me box wasn't selected so I fixed that.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Is it possible to put a soundcloud link in a post WITHOUT it auto-embedding?

12. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. digital by birth

Evolution not revolution

Hey has my account been blocked? Nothing seems to have changed but I can't post anymore, so have I upset someone or is it a bug? Cheers.

St. Nate likes this.
  14. AnimateGarbage

15. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

No idea where to put this but Chinese spam bots are back @Jason Tate

16. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

the bots are back in town

17. Can you report them if you see one?

18. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

19. Joe4th Dec 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 13, 2016)
    Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I've been noticing this over the last few weeks, but my avatar has been changing back and forth between two different ones that I've had. The cactaur, and then Vivi. Is there a reason it keeps switching back and forth?

It's one on mobile and another on the desktop site.

angrycandy likes this.
  20. That shouldn't happen. My guess is that your browser on one is caching the old version. Try a hard refresh.

21. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Am I able to use a gif as my avatar?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. If you send it to me and it's not super annoying I may be able to make it work. Heh.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

@Jason Tate What is the post limit before archive? I think the wrestling thread is getting close. Wasn't sure if I should start a new one or let it run its course.