Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Questions Help • Page 3

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Derek

Get stung

Is their any way to access your notifications other than scrolling to top of page every time you get one?

2. Not currently. Any suggestions?

3. Square and arrow button on top right of nav bar.

4. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

How do I post photos on mobile

5. Derek

Get stung

Hm first thought is seperating the website where the profile, community, notification, ect tabs are stationary and always at the top. (Idk if im explaining that correctly) However, that seems like a lot of work to do to a finished layout and aesthetic. I'll brainstorm some other ideas and get back to you when i'm off work.

6. More options. Landscape. (If screen is big enough)

7. I have the bookmark assigned to a hot key, so that's what I'm currently using to jump to that page if I need it.

8. dee

I can feel the butterflies.

Is there a way to get to the specific article discussion forum from the news article page?

9. dee

Also I must add, it'll take time for me to get used to not seeing all that red. But the entire thing is loading SO fast and seamlessly now. Well done Jason & team!

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Not currently. That is probably going to be coming soon though I think where I wrote about that most is here.

Hope that helps.

11. Thank you! A huge goal of mine.

12. dee

Ah thanks for that. Sorry it became such a big headache to you, I know there were a few issues with the comments but for the most part I ignored the stupid ones because they only made up a small percentage of what I was reading. Or at least that's how I chose to filter it.

A big reason why I've been following the site for years was the ability to see the community's reaction to certain topics/bands/etc quickly. And I'm not the type of person who follows a lot of blogs and music sites, I think most of them are just too cluttered and I'm only interested in a small percentage of things they post about. Knowing that most of the community here share the same music taste with me, it kept me coming back. Absolutely loved it whenever there was a post about Copeland's new album or whatever and everyone just jumped on board going OMG CANT WAIT:hearteyes:. I'd literally read every page to share the excitement ha.

I'm glad it's a clean slate now but don't dwell too much on the bad stuff! There's still a part of the community where most things are lovely and all they care about is really, just the music and the excitement for it.
    Glad you didn't take the the other offer and improved this project instead. I think the tiny little link by the social icons is a great idea. It's not too obvious but it's there if anyone ever needs it.:thumbup:

13. Thank you!

14. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

Mark all threads as read coming soon?

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like I should already know this, but is there a way to submit news articles?

16. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Wobbie Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    Wobbie

Sing me a story I haven't heard yet. Prestigious

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a way to view new posts only, like on AP? I can never remember what the last page i viewed was, and loved that feature of AP.

Also, just some feedback, I posted a bunch of Bandcamp links in the Punk Thread, and I wasn't a fan of it automatically changing them to the larger sized embeded Bandcamp media player. It made my post a bit harder to read, with a gap (the size of the player) appearing between the first lines and the last line of my text for a couple of the recs (The Punk Thread (Official Thread) • Page 3 • forum.chorus.fm). Looked a bit of a mess. Is there a way to have the smaller player, or to choose whether we want it to automatically change the links?

Cheers :blush:

19. What do you mean by new posts only? Something like this?

https://forum.chorus.fm/followed/threads

To not have it change the link, just link a word instead. Like "band name - song name" and then link that to Bandcamp.

Hope this helps.

20. Normz

Gotcha...

Mods, would you consider moving it to the main page instead of a subforum? I guess there is about a 1% chance of new members seeing that button right off the bat.

21. WetwithSharp Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

I've been adjusting alright to the new site. The one thing I still cant get past is the "no comments on news stories" thing. I really miss it, I really miss being able to get some quick impressions on the thing I just read/watched.

Is it possible in the future he'll rethink the no comments on news thing?

22. This has been added. Not sure if you saw. ;)

23. Wobbie

Sing me a story I haven't heard yet. Prestigious

My bad, by 'new posts' i meant unread posts in a thread.

And that helps a lot with linking, thanks! :blush: