Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Questions Help • Page 12

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jason Tate, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Mr_Earfqu8k

So, I'm brand new here and I'm wondering what would be the optimal type of profile pic to use. None of the ones I use seem to work.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

we don't allow weiner pics, so use something different.

3. zackotronic

Newbie Supporter

what is the difference between patron and community package?

4. Just the cost. (For those that would like to more to go to the site or not.)

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

is there a way to mass unfollow threads besides individually clicking the checkbox for each and every thread on a single page of my followed threads and then unfollowing? i follow a lot of threads i dont care about, are just generally really bad, or are completely inactive, and id like to start completely fresh and better manage my followed threads

6. What would be a better way you have in mind? I could maybe custom figure something you. A “check all”?

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

yeah exactly! if i could check everything at once per page it would make it wayyyy less time consuming

8. I’ll look tomorrow.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

10. I looked into this a little, and currently there's no easy way to add a select all without some code changes. I will look into how big of the code changes I will need to make to do something like this, but the clicking each one and then using the pulldown menu at the bottom is currently the best solution for the moment. Then I'd recommend unchecking this box in preferences and only manually following the threads you want to appear there.

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 12.58.07 PM.png

I'm gonna see if I can do a simple javascript that could select all, but it'll take a little time to get to.

sophos34 likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Word, figured if it was easy to do it would’ve already been there haha. I did realize it’s much easier to do it on mobile than on desktop

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Zach7656

Am I allowed to post a thread which contains a Spreadsheet of all an Artists music in one place. No links to leaks are provided. All officially released material is linked to Apple Music(sorry other platforms) and all the other links are from when the music was distributed through mixtapes or various sites(Complex,XXL,etc)

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I apologize if this has already been discussed but what are the chances of us getting the block feature to not show the person you've blocked any of your posts? there are a few people on the site I don't particularly like and would love it if I could make it so they don't see anything I post

thanks

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I thought that's how it worked? Ut oh.

angrycandy likes this.
  15. angrycandy

guess not :shrug:

16. CyberInferno Mar 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 28, 2020)
    CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

@Jason Tate not trying to make you work on a weekend, but do you know why the buttons aren't appearing on article links anymore? This is for new and old articles.
    EDIT: Nothing to see here. Windscribe VPN blocking content even while disconnected from VPN.

17. I’m guessing you have a content blocker on?

18. angrycandy

@Jason Tate, so is my question just a dumb one, or would that be far too convoluted to do or has it been discussed before and I just haven't seen it?

19. It's been discussed before. Back in July of 2018 when I re-wrote the blocking system last.

The issues raised were that people can quote posts and that it lets the blocked person know they are being blocked and a lot of people don't want others to know they've being blocked.

20. angrycandy

I see. so no hope of that ever happening, huh? duly noted

21. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

@Jason Tate I noticed over the last few days the "attach file" button sometimes doesn't appear on my phone in portrait mode and I have to flip my screen to landscape to see it, but most of the time it does show in portrait? Any idea why? I'll try and take screenshots next time I reproduce it

22. Never seen that. Does a refresh fix it?

23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

... that does seem like the common sense thing to do huh? Lmao no idea why I didn't try that. I'll keep an eye out for it in the future

24. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I didn't realize it, but apparently my Windscribe extension is blocking content even when I'm not connected to VPN. Sorry about that. Carry on...

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Braydizz

Not sure where else to put this - I have a recollection of Butch Walker's '1969' project running a competition on AP.net for a fan to design their cover art for the 'Maya' album. I was wondering if anything from the old AP.net is accessible or housed anywhere? I'd love to revisit some of the old designs (realising this was 13 years ago and highly unlikely).