Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 220

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

well, 1/2 of all counties in IL are now in a warning level, mine included. Awesome.

3. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

my dad works for ford. don't buy an SE escape. Transmission sucks. if you get a ford, get the titanium with the better transmission.

uuu likes this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Restaurants in the county over from me are openly defying the indoor dining ban today even as the local hospital had to go on bypass this week because their emergency operations were full.

Zoshchenko and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

You guys have an indoor dining ban? We’ve broken the record for cases and hospitalizations almost every day for two weeks and all we have is an “urging” from the governor to wear masks.

anonimito, bigmike and David87 like this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Restaurants have been suddenly shutting down all over the place from Covid outbreaks where I am in NH after doing well. My youngest sister just got takeout from a pizza place yesterday that is now closed today >_>. Otherwise they all seem to be bars and taverns (go figure)

I'm happy to see that Salem MA is really discouraging people from coming for Halloween, though. They're shutting everything down by 8pm for the next couple weekends, ending public transit early, and canceled a ton of halloween activities. They're urging people to postpone until 2021

7. MexicanGuitars

Illinois has this resurgence criteria for 11 regions (lol) where if you pass a greater-than-8% positivity rate three days running, then you get indoor restaurant/bar service shutdown, gathering sizes restricted, etc until that rate goes back below 6.5%.

It's actually worked this summer after being applied to two of those regions (suburban St Louis and SW Chicago suburbs), but now the area next to Wisconsin and that same SW Chicago region are having places openly defy the order.

bigmike and Victor Eremita like this.
  8. I have a 2010 civic too - things a tank and I’ll drive it till it explodes

chris, jkauf and Jason Tate like this.
  9. please don’t go in a car explosion that would be brutal

10. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Lovely. We haven't had anything shut down yet but I see it coming. We've had 7+days of increase. I have 2 people in an EMT class and they just finished their hands on training yesterday because theres classes across the state getting shut down. Ive been counting on them finishing soon, this isn't the time to be shorthanded.

The wedding tomorrow that my husband is in has 100 people going. Great.

11. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Yeah both Chicago and suburban Cook are just above 7%, but with DuPage and Will being close to 10 it's hard to imagine that lasting holding for long.

scottlechowicz and emt0853 like this.
  13. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

14. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I don’t own a car.

I have never owned a car.

danielm123 and gonz (Alex) like this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lmao what. "Trump's lap dog hasn't done enough for him, so let a democrat be elected instead" is certainly a take

18. Acrid

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I regret ever buying one.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I have a 2016 Ford Focus and have put 93k miles on it in 2.5 years :(

21. upload_2020-10-23_16-0-38.png

Blainer93 likes this.
  23. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

I have a 2017 Chevy Cruze that i bought because it was - at the time - made in Ohio. Been a good car. Almost 100K miles in a little under 4 years though, not ideal.

24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

damn, where are you going lol.

25. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

My drive to work was about 162 miles round trip. In the last six months, I’ve moved closer but still have a longer drive than most.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.