Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 219

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Meet the 24-year-old who’s tracking every broken McDonald’s ice-cream machine in the US
    Initially, he created an API that attempted to add a McSundae from every McDonald’s location to its cart once every minute. The app figured out what he was up to and blocked him — “It was like, you can’t do this, you look like a bot,” he recalled.

After a night of trial and error, Zahid figured out the magic time frame. Now, his bot attempts to add a McSundae every 30 minutes. If the bot successfully adds the item, it lets McBroken know that the location’s machine is working. If it can’t, the location gets a red dot.

fowruok, mercury, Zoshchenko and 9 others like this.
  2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

bigmike and incognitojones like this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

A true saint

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. Philll

Trusted

6. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah yes, a people first platform involves top priority being space exploration

Contender, fowruok, bigmike and 6 others like this.
    imthesheriff and mescalineeyes like this.
  9. chris

Trusted Supporter

Would 100% still be driving my 03 Civic of someone didn’t rear end me and total it, loved that car.

have a 2010 Civic now, and hope to for a while longer

10. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

*top two priorities

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I have a pre-owned 09 Civic that unfortunately has not held up as well as others. Had engine trouble the first year I bought it. Engine mount had to be replaced multiple times. A/C no longer works. Granted, I drove the shit out of it the past five years (It has 220k miles on it). My mechanic suggested I trade it soon before it completely dies, so I’m paying attention to these car suggestions.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

One thing I've learned is that Nissans just don't seem to be built as well as they used to be. Loved mine from the 90s, so my fiance got a 2014 Rogue, and oooh boy. It's been in the shop several times within 2 years, the AC gets frozen solid after driving for 15 minutes so no air comes out of the vents at all until you shut it off and wait another 15 minutes for it to melt, and I learned that they are notorious for VVT transmission problems that just drop out of the car around 80-100k miles

13. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Ew, after the tree fell on our fusion in June, they gave us an altima for 3 weeks. i fucking hated it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

15. Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  16. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I've only had Nissans lol, only problems I had was with my first car which was a 98 pathfinder and it had over 200k miles

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I'm thinking it's mostly their cars with the VVT transmissions from what I've read

18. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I've only ever driven Subarus my whole life and this is the first time I've switched. Right now we have a VW Jetta sedan and a VW Jetta wagon and I love them both, but I do really miss my AWD. I reeeeally wanted a CrossTrek but couldn't find one in my budget.

Side-note: my dad had a Nissan Maxima in probably like 97 or 98 and that thing had a ROCKET engine but was also built like a damn tank. Amazing car. Had to have 200,000+ miles when he got rid of it because we all drove that thing for a long time.

19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Lol a bunch of my friend group chat were talking about it.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I bought a pre-owned 2013 civic in 2017, was working perfectly until I hit a deer on the highway, was declared a total lost :(

90DBAF8F-5244-4DB6-BD32-B02C1DA2CAC8.jpeg

Ended up buying another 2013 model and still working out well for me! Just gotta avoid them deer!

chris, popdisaster00 and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I bought a new 2 door civic in 2015 and totaled it in 2017. I loved that car. I bought a used 2013 civic after and plan on driving it until it dies.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  22. Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 4.16.30 PM.png

[​IMG]

GrantCloud and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Zilla, Brother Beck, dylan and 6 others like this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.