Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 218

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

David87 likes this.
  2. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

bigmike and uuu like this.
  3. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

4. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I have a 2020 Equinox. I mainly got it because it’s practical for the family. I also have only put 3,000 miles on it since I bought it in February. It’s actually really good on gas and doesn’t cost too much to fill.

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I was fully planning on buying a new car over the summer due to my 97 Lexus falling apart but I haven't really been driving anywhere due to COVID, so figure why bother having a car payment? Have to get it inspected this month though, and if it fails, I'll have to pull the trigger anyways :-/

But yeah I highly recommend Toyota or Lexus to anyone. Every mechanic is amazed by my engine and transmission and it's the smoothest and most comfortable car I've ever driven. I'm just told every time "your engine will last forever, but being 23 years old in New England, it's going to just rust out on you before anything" heh

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’ve always had a Honda and love them. Currently have a civic.

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I shared this here months ago I think but we used the stimulus money to put a downpayment on a used Outback for my wife since her impreza was dying and we needed more room for the baby. It's either 20187 or 2018 but it only had 40K miles on it and it's the tricked out cut so it has all the bells and whistles and for someone like me who, up until a couple of years ago when I got my brothers 2013 Acura, only owned cars as new as 2003, it's like culture shock getting into this Outback lol. I don't even know what most of the buttons do. We got a back up camera and shit, the thing beeps at me if someone is in my blind spot or coming down the road when I'm backing up, etc.

Subarus are expensive but they're nice AF and they last a while (Minus the head gasket which sucks)

dylan likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

But also I love Honda and Toyota and yes Hondas will last forever and I plan on riding this Acura out forever. It's Honda's luxury brand so shit better last.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

I wonder how long my Honda Civic and Acura Integra would have lasted if I hadn't crashed them lol

11. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Ehh I don't see them as expensive, depending on what you get they can certainly get up there, but they're one of the most affordable AWD cars on the market. I think a base Impreza is only like $19k (new)

dylan likes this.
  12. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I’ve also only ever driven Hondas. In a Fit now but my lease is up in April and I’m buying either a CRV Hybrid or an Outback. Trying to talk myself out of the Outback but the new ones seem so nice and I’d be down for a change. I’m a little over 6’4” so I’m ready to get out of the hatchback.

theagentcoma and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think they'll expand the court if ACB doesn't get pushed through but I still think filibuster changes are coming either way. They might not nuke it entirely but they may switch it up so you can't just say "I'm filibustering" and that's that lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

My sister just gave me her old Honda Civic. Crazy how I can get to places i need to go now

David87 and RyanPm40 like this.
  15. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

I would actively need someone to talk me OUT of the Ford Escape at this point. Look at all that sweet digital goodness.

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I didn't mean to make it sound like they're outrageously priced or anything but just comparatively to other cars they seem to cost a few bucks more. We were looking at SUVs and it seemed like Hondas and Toyotas and etc that had comparable SUVs were all a little bit cheaper all other things being equal.

My wife's Impreza was solid, only reason why we traded it in and bought a new (used) outback was the head gasket was shot so oil and shit was leaking. Made no sense to pay the money to get that fixed when we wanted a bigger car/SUV anyway.

17. RyanPm40

..and now her GM is saying "just quarantine from your boyfriend and come into work", as if she isn't with him every day. Wow

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

The newest car I had ever owned up until a couple years ago was a 2003 Honda Accord I can't remember the exact years I had it but it was in the 2013-2015 range that I had it, and it only had 128K miles on it. Zero doubt in my mind that would still be my car today if I wasn't rear ended and it was totaled. That shit was gonna last forever.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Wooooooooooow.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. RyanPm40

Yeah this is rough. We're all at a loss now. My mom and I convinced my sisters that it's a bad idea, but she's paycheck to paycheck and if her boss won't let her stay home, she really doesn't know what to do. Combined with the fires out in Colorado, it's a really rough time right now and I feel awful

21. How much does this idiot make a year?

22. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I've only had two cars since I graduated college fifteen years ago. My Civic lasted 250,000 miles, and it was pretty much completely maintenance-free. Going the leasing route at the moment with an Elantra. Can't really beat $109 a month including all the fees and nothing down.

Jake Gyllenhaal and imthesheriff like this.
  23. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Telling on myself and my shitty internet to own the libs

bigmike, Zilla, mescalineeyes and 3 others like this.

24. Jfc

incognitojones likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

Hahaha

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.