Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 1688

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

David87 and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

4. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Seems that the order includes things like have the climate task force develop a plan for carbon-free electricity by 2035, net-zero economy wide by 2050. Also included the formation of an environmental justice council. Also directs the interior department to pause new oil and gas leases on federal land and increase renewable energy production like doubling offshore wind by 2030. That’s just a few parts of it.

Am I wrong to say that this order puts out a lot of moving parts to take significant action through a bunch of different government departments? I guess my question would be what in addition would you want to see him do at the executive level that can be done?

bigmike, RyanPm40, jorbjorb and 4 others like this.
  6. MattNCheeze

Trusted

^^^ That's My President

RyanPm40 and danielm123 like this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. If anyone becomes a gazillionare with their stocks please just give me like 500k so I can run this website forever. Thanks.

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

11. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Wall Street Bets just went private

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Same with the Discord server

13. Who in this thread has made stonk money this week? Like money you actually feel / makes a difference

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

15. stars143

Trusted

seems like a regular occurrence... it’s happened multiple times.

16. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

me. but not by betting on made up things i could never pretend to understand. i simply pick things up and then put them back down and ppl give me money for it. sometimes more depending on where and why im doing the picking up and putting back down thing.

17. spreadthehummus2321

wanna go for a ryyyde

i really cant begin to understand how exactly this shit works even a little but wall street bros squirming sounds like a positive to me if thats really whats happening. id just say i hope u ppl playing be careful and dont get burned.

18. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

At first I thought "Ok this is clearly a bullshit excuse and it was for financial fraud stuff" before I had the realization of "Wait no that stuff probably also happened as well"

neo506 likes this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

Zilla, mescalineeyes, astereo and 2 others like this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. Victor Eremita Jan 27, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2021)
    Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I can tell you first of all that environmental justice communities are tired of seeing things like environmental justice councils. EJ Regs should be updated to require community approval and input for projects that increase pollutants in their community. That should include permit renewals not just new permits.
    The same thing goes with task forces and target goals. Like we are way past this shit, we know that we need to be bold. Do things like set carbon emissions limits at new public health standards that taking curbing climate change into account, not just preventing or trying to meet warming goals (which we don’t even do). That’s just one example. The orders aren’t necessarily bad and hopefully something great comes of them but by themselves they’re nothing. It is laughable to compare it to the green new deal in any way.
    the whole pausing drilling on federal land thing is good but most of it does not occur on federal land. And because of the market there isn’t a lot of new drilling anyway. The damage there has largely been done. The wells that were drilled on federal land can be tapped and produced and will be.
    None of the orders are bad, in fact it’s good, but it doesn’t do anything really concrete to fight climate change. And this administration should not be praised for fighting climate change until they actually do.

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

They'd probably do a better job at convincing people they have no bias if they didn't outright call it fraud when we don't really know that anything illegal has happened lol

Can't say I'd be too surprised if language like that did occur in there, though

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

incredible

bigmike, Anthony_, Jason Tate and 2 others like this.
  24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

huh? Discord doesn't call it fraud. They are saying the ban wasn't because of fraud.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.