Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 1512

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

“I didn’t get what I wanted so watch me do this hollow, empty gesture for attention.”

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

3. McClenaghan

Lurker Supporter

Unreal

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. dallasc

Trusted

Max_123, neo506, DarkHotline and 4 others like this.
  5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t know how much I can trust a guy that raised over $100 million and still lost by double digits to Lindsey Graham.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lol

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Late to the discussion but I'm shocked that anyone thought Biden was giving us $2000 checks, it's always been explained as an additional $1400. Multiple times in this thread, even. That person tweeting is disingenuous as fuck haha. But yeah, more money would be sweet

FTank, Brent, imthesheriff and 10 others like this.
  8. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

If they are grifting over $3,000 bucks that really makes you wonder what the big dollar amount swindles are. ($3,000 bucks is still lot of money, want to make that point clear too.)

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

It should be $2000, retroactive, and until we have 70% vaccinated. They have 0 excuse

Anthony_, Brent, Max_123 and 9 others like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Gotta tweet at Bernie to bully Joe into giving us more

RyanPm40 and GrantCloud like this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just celebrating our confederate heritage!

I internet stalked him and if the general area google says he lives in is in fact where he lives, then yeah. Explains a lot. Laurel Delaware.

We played a playoff game there once and it was like driving into some small town in texas. WHole town was out tailgating for the game, we got off the bus and some old dude with a thick accent was like "You boys are gonna lose tonight!".

Yyyep.

12. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

This is the most cowardly bullshit. They’re going to give us 1400 more dollars and not do anything else for two years

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That must be those huge dumps Trump has been talking about for months

neo506 and McClenaghan like this.
  14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

They let 4000 people die a day for weeks already and the only organized resistance from the Government was to keep the guy responsible for that death toll in power.

They can do whatever they want and the people will roll over.

15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

xapplexpiex and David87 like this.
  16. stars143

Trusted

The amount he raised is probably the main reason he might be getting the job.

17. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

How quickly do we expect Biden's plan to pass? I feel like all the Republicans who supported the 2k will back out for everything else that's in the bill and then we just need to worry about Joe Manchin.

18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This is the money quote:

“The Obamas did not use the garage, so the extra traffic to and from the command post caused no problem. Yet this solution, too, was short-lived after a Secret Service supervisor from the Trump/Kushner detail left an unpleasant mess in the Obama bathroom at some point before the fall of 2017, according to a person briefed on the event. That prompted the leaders of the Obama detail to ban the agents up the street from ever returning.”

19. The messaging has been "send the people $2k checks" for a couple of months now.

dylan likes this.
  20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I don't see why Biden/the Dems can't issue a bunch of money, with the reasoning being "This is what the Trump administration should have been doing, but didn't and watched people die because they had to go back to work."

Then again, I'm not in politics and there's probably a reason why.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  21. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

It wouldn't pass the senate due to conservative dems

22. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Yeah not sure where anyone got the idea it was $2000 total. They’ve been pushing another $2000 check specifically for a minute

uuu likes this.
  23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah and we didn't have the $600 sent out a couple months ago when that slogan first existed :shrug:

Biden saying "$600 isn't enough, we need $2000 checks" translates to "we need $2000 in place of $600" to me, idk

Brent, uuu and MysteryKnight like this.
  24. We've known this exact answer for weeks and it's been pointed out multiple times in this very thread. Heh.

FTank, uuu, Blainer93 and 7 others like this.
  25. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.