Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 147

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I think we had about 180 or so? (Or maybe it was 180 invited and I think like 165-170 showed up)...and obviously it’s hard to judge a movie but I’d say ours didn’t look nearly as big as The Godfather haha. But who knows.

but yeah my mom is the youngest of 6, her dad is the youngest of 7 and her mom is one of 5, so we have a ton of aunts/uncles/cousins that all had to be invited. And we had it at
    My dads house so even though he’s only one of 3, all my cousins and their kids had to be invited too and etc.

but, like I said, we got a ton of money for it and her parents paid for it lol. So literally our savings account that actually exists is like 80% from that wedding.

Brother Beck likes this.
  2. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Same here. I’m so glad my gf isn’t into all the big wedding BS. We would much rather spend the money on a nice honeymoon than spend on a wedding that just seems like too much work for something we don’t really feel like doing just to appease other people.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

So is this hunter biden stuff going to be the Comey letter of 2020?

5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Potentially but I guess we will see

6. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

We had just under 100 at our and it was majority family. (in 2016)

I'm not wild about this one but the groom and most of the wedding party are my husbands coworkers. Im essentially already exposed to the majority that will be there. It's at a hunt club outdoors so I atleast have that going for me.

And yes, this Hunter Biden stuff is definitely the Comey letter.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  7. It has had no polling impact so far.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I was supposed to officiate one of my close friends weddings in Florida in a couple weeks. I have cancelled. No way in Hell I’m going to Florida right now.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Sooooooooo many people I know have been going to Miami for vacation recently

10. nah

11. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I just don’t get it. My whole family is in Orlando and majority of my friends. Normally I go down once every 3-4 months but I won’t be going at all for the foreseeable future. Last time I was there was early February before everything shut down.

Blainer93 likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Hope folks in the Colorado area are staying safe tonight, seeing some scary photos of the fires from my sister in Fort Collins

13. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I'm looking at some pictures from Estes Park right now. Looks really scary. Hope everyone stays safe.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

It’s funny this dude doesn’t think he’s currently president

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Nah, the Comey letter actually had an impact. This is like trying to pail out water in the sinking boat

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The fact that this hunter biden stuff is about HUNTER and not JOE, means it'll have absolutely no effect on the race whatsoever. The Comey stuff was related to Clinton herself; if it was about Chelsea then who knows what would have happened

Victor Eremita and mescalineeyes like this.
  17. dippydawg

Damn Zach, you are BADASS

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Re: Weddings. I deliver flowers on the weekend. Delivered some to a group of bridesmaids last week, about 10 of them all crammed in a hotel room with no masks, getting makeup done. Was a terrifying scene.

Also delivered flowers today to a memorial at someone’s house that had a ton of people, all unmasked (I assume they had it at the house to avoid wearing masks).

I really don’t understand what’s wrong with some people.

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

21. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’ve seen some really affecting zoom weddings lately

23. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

thanks I was really wondering what the GOP chairwoman and ... Lara fucking Trump for some reason? thought this morning.

24. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

The testing thing is back

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I can smell the desperation

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.