Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 2229

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
    incognitojones likes this.
    imthesheriff and David87 like this.
  4. Philll

Trusted

A good point to add to the conversation from the other day:

5. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

6. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm noticing increasing negative talk about how GOP is for sure going to be in power after 2022 and then they will probably keep that power for a long time and there is nothing we can do.

I'll ignore it because there were plenty of people who all but guaranteed Trump would win re-election and the courts were never going to let the democrats win another election ever again..and we all know what happened.

7. They’ve got voter suppression laws on their side and I’m pretty sure history shows that the other party will come back a little bit in the midterms, kinda like dems did in 2018.

8. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

One side taking obvious steps to get and keep power for themselves and the other side not taking steps to slap that shit down does make me more concerned about the prospect of the first side getting and keeping power, yes.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Also, i feel about confident without COVID/Trump’s obvious shit COVID response, he would have beat Biden. Either way, Dems can’t bank on a world historic event making the other candidate look bad in the future.

11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

It's the democrats not pushing back and fighting what they are doing that's concerning to me. It's like they are playing two completely different games. I'm afraid they're not going to figure it out until it's too late.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This thread and the thread linked within are insane .

13. Cursed bus.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

MysteryKnight likes this.

15. Related

David87 likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Related, but to the election talk earlier.....

It is entirely possible that the GOP 2012's itself out of seats by electing the "future of the party'" MTG candidates who are so insane they turn off normal voters.

I also think people are underestimating some House seats. The Repubs are gonna gain some seats from gerrymandering and voter suppression for sure, but a looooot of close districts resided in places line California which obviously did not enact new voter restrictions. I think it's like 60/40 right now that GOP Takes it. That 40% being that we kind of end up with the current status quo where the GOp picks up ~8-10 seats in the House but Dems are also able to pick up ~8-10 and end up with a slim majority. But that's gonna depend on the local politics and quality candidates in the swing districts for sure.

18. brothemighty

Trusted

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

stars143 likes this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

2nd Pfizer dose - complete ☀️

CCE05797-75AB-40C8-92D1-31526B1F0F34.jpeg

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Anthony_ likes this.
    RyanPm40 likes this.

23. A thread for if you have any right wing nuts in the family that watch Tucker

jkauf, RyanPm40 and incognitojones like this.
  24. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Ferrari333SP likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.