Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VIII [ARCHIVED] • Page 2227

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Yeah, wild fact. I think things like this helped motivate the paranoia in the USSR through the Stalin years.

danielm123 and bigmike like this.
  3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Saw a sign in front of applebees offering $200 bonus for new hires like $200 bonus to endure even a week at Applebee’s is enough lol

imthesheriff and incognitojones like this.
  4. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I finally got a direct deposit date of 5/12 for the stimulus wooooooooooo baby!!!!!!!

5. how were you notified?

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

7. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I’ve just been checking the Get My Payment site pretty much daily. They finally processed our tax return and issued our refund the other day after filing in Feb. so I figured (hoped) our stimulus would follow suit once that got resolved

theagentcoma and popdisaster00 like this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My wife is currently getting BULLDOZED by her second moderna shot (which is odd, because she had COVID in January, so we figured she'd get a reaction after the first one). She's been in bed since 6 p.m. yesterday. Fever, chills, aches, throwing up, etc. Going on 28 hours since her shot.

bigmike and Brother Beck like this.
  9. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

hydrate hydrate hydrate

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I get the impression that people who receive the Moderna shots are getting a larger share of negative reactions than those receiving the Pfizer shots

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Blink182Bouncer May 7, 2021
    (Last edited: May 7, 2021)
    Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

For the record, I got both Moderna shots, and experienced no side effects aside from arm pain and chills. My (immunosupressed) dad also experienced no side effects with his Pfizer shots.

My mom got Pfizer and was bed ridden for 24 hours the day after her second shot. I'm wondering what the gender balance on side effects is.

incognitojones likes this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Anecdotally, this seems to hold true for people I talk to in person as well.

Personally, Moderna #2 hit me really hard but it was very short-lived. The arm pain was present for #1 and severe for #2 but only lasted a day or two.

14. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Cool. I just got my second Moderna shot this morning. First one was mostly just arm pain, but I'm already feeling fatigued with this one.

Brother Beck likes this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Getting Pfizer #2 on Sunday afternoon. My girlfriend didn’t feel much aside form tiredness after her Moderna #2

Brother Beck likes this.
  16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Very cool and normal

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

these people are exhausting

18. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

I'm not asking for much. Just massive hospital bills and long-term effects for those kinds of people

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

20. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

"medical tyranny"

21. brothemighty

Trusted

I'm a cis guy, 12 hours after the 2nd Pfizer shot it felt like I had just deadlifted right after helping someone move out of a mansion

22. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Lol @ that article calling Cheney Romney and Bush patriots. Romney called half the country “takers” less than a decade ago. They hate the majority of people who live here. They like their positions of power and influence, and they recognize that it’s waning.

23. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

My parents got moderna and had no side effects other than a sore arm. I had chills/aches the night of the 2nd dose very briefly and that was basically all on side effects for me other than a headache the next morning which idk if it was even related. A few of my friends that got it had just mild side effects. So based on my experience, no one I know had any bad side effects from it, so it is interesting to read how many people in here seem to have had or know someone who felt really bad after it.

Brother Beck likes this.
  24. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

25. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Getting my second Pfizer shot tomorrow and have a fridge full of Gatorade and Pedialyte, let's gooo

Ferrari333SP and Brother Beck like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.