Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VII [ARCHIVED] • Page 535

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Thank you!! Lol yeah I realize I'm just venting to random people :-p. Just a coping mechanism while my folks and siblings are asleep, I know they'll all have their own opinions and questions for me when I text them in the morning lol

2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I went to the ER the other day and a nurse was sitting behind a glass screen and a table that they had set up right in the entrance. They gave us masks and took our temperatures before asking us any other questions. I obviously wasn't comfortable being there but they had a good system in place for checking in non COVID related patients.

GrantCloud, bigmike and RyanPm40 like this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I knew Bernie wasn't going to be the nominee but I just really wanted to vote for him in the primary. Didn't expect this so soon :(

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

you are the only good poster in this cursed thread

6. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

The pro-rape Democratic party is really going off with this one

7. phaynes12

is senior advisor referring to joe bc folks, that’s just mean, we know he’s old

astereo and RamonaQuimby like this.
  8. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

I want to apologize profusely for saying Trump had any credibility with his Super Tuesday claims. Although I no longer believe there were voter discrepancies, (which is even more scary in my opinion) I do still believe the DNC was terrified of Bernie's proposed policies and what they would mean for the entire system and that's why everyone began rallying around Biden and media started putting pressure on people that might have actually wanted Bernie (I know that's been discussed in here and I'm just repeating old news.) That being said I will still never vote for a neoliberal warmonger ever again. A pig in lipstick is still a pig. Hope y'all have a nice day and can somehow find some peace in these fucked up times.

MysteryKnight likes this.
  10. nohandstoholdonto

11. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Starbucks opened up again in Chicago? (Not just the drive thru) I hope it's just the one location I walked by and not the entire chain here.

12. Maybe you can only get stuff to go? Hopefully, at least.

GrantCloud and RamonaQuimby like this.
  13. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Yea I think that's it. Just seems a lot more risky for the workers though.

14. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

GrantCloud and Leftandleaving like this.
  16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

*cries*

17. phaynes12

i don’t make the rules.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

mercury, bigmike and Ken like this.
  19. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

I understand it's the fact that donors moved their money behind Biden and turned the screws on Pete and Amy. To me that's still corrupt politics. Money needs to be taken out of elections entirely.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Ken and Victor Eremita like this.
  21. Bobby

Trusted

I am definitely willing to admit my ignorance and status of being uninformed about how party politics works, but I think part of the argument that the work of the DNC to undermine the Bernie campaign had to do with the apparent possibility that they, being the DNC, did what they could to convince Biden to run again in order to prevent Bernie from securing the nomination.

I literally have no base for assessing the merits of that argument or how silly it might be, but what do you (and others) think?

RamonaQuimby likes this.
  22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

the US suggesting another country pay reparations is fucking mind boggling dumb af

23. nohandstoholdonto

just joined a FB group called “2020 Election Cycle Support Group for Sexual Assault Survivors” and man it’s truly fucking horrifying to think this is where we’re at with electoral politics.

24. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I agree with this...

as I am a great poster.

25. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

lmfaooo

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.