Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion VII [ARCHIVED] • Page 474

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

not great

i would imagine most large corporations/businesses that were already implementing WFH prior to COVID were monitoring your activity prior to the Zoom bump though

2. As part of my job I host webinars for customers and I get all sorts of analytics on how "attentive" the attendees are. I don't see what other programs they are using but it will track if they're actually watching your window or keeping you minimized. P fucked up!

3. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

That has been my worry since I went from WFH and we started using Microsoft Teams is that my company is going to start tracking everything wayyyyy more than they did.

4. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

this is a good way to monitor attendance in remote learning situations, but I can’t think of any other instance that a program needs this

mercury, Wharf Rat and popdisaster00 like this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Didn’t know whether to post this anywhere or not but the situation is making me more upset the more I think about it

I was asked to come in, in person, to a meeting and the HR employee was about to put me on a temporary layoff, like many other college employees. My job is half running a lab (which is closed now) but get this. I’m still teaching 3 classes, online. The HR person wasn’t aware I was an instructor.

So for about 5 hours yesterday I thought I didn’t have a job but my dean met with HR and explained my role.

This disorganized issue and miscommunication error is making me want to look for a new job.

I basically got April fooled with a lay-off.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

tell them to lay off the jokes, amirite?

DarkHotline, Zach, bigmike and 5 others like this.
  8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

My work (medical call center) is fully WFH now, but there is literally one dude who refuses to work from home so he still goes to the office.

They cut back all the managers hours and after many meetings, the managers came to the conclusion the only option is for ME (not a manager just a team lead) has to go into the office all Thursday just to make sure this one dude isn’t alone. LIKE WTF

9. RamonaQuimby

Trusted

Ok which is true here? Also I'm upset that a GBV fan is also a Biden fan

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

cannot understate how much i hate my new job lol

never try to get a promotion

11. lol i agree

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. Our economy is just gonna be so absolutely fucked.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  13. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of jobs, just got news that we are now temporarily laying salaried employees now, thankfully I am not a part of that group yet. The longer are plants are down though the closer I get to being one even though I work on car models coming out in three or four years. Getting closer to home now and my anxiety is rising with it.

14. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

One of my awesome roommates from college who I’ve fallen outta touch with is heading to NY to fight the corona as an EMT. He’s an awesome kid I hope he makes a difference!

17. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

bigmike likes this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

RyanPm40, astereo, Jason Tate and 2 others like this.
  19. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

navient told me they're trying to cancel all federal loan payments by April 10th. My next payment is due on April 9th of course.

Leftandleaving, Tim and Ken like this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Of course she still got married in March

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  21. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Yeah FedLoan Servicing is not answering my questions on the CARE Act. I called and they said they’re working on implementing required changes but I can request emergency forbearance for 60 days. I said the law requires automatic suspension until Sept. and those months would count toward the public interest program where the forbearance does not and the person just had to repeat that they’re working on implementing the Act. I think there is a lot of noncompliance going on but I’m not sure what to do about it. I followed up in writing but haven’t gotten a response yet.

St. Nate likes this.
  22. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Whitmer just shut down the rest of the school year in Michigan.

bigmike and popdisaster00 like this.
  23. My wife’s were due on the 9th and they were suspended - she doesn’t owe anything

St. Nate and Victor Eremita like this.
  24. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

DarkHotline, astereo and 333 GANG like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.