Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 705

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I couldn't even bother to dive into the "omg the women's team celebrated goals" ... ~controversy~ yesterday. I've gotten better at just going "I'm not going to like anything that comes from even reading up on this" and moving right along.

bigmike likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Hahahaha

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

jesus fuck the sexist bullshit that is causing the "celebrating a 13-0 goal" lead the poll makes me wanna burn the whole internet down

bigmike likes this.
  5. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

6. Omni

Regular

7. A look at proposed US election security legislation, much of it bipartisan, and how Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is stalling its progress
    Senator Ron Wyden, the Oregon Democrat who sits on the Intelligence Committee, predicts that the 2020 election will make what happened in 2016 “look like small potatoes.” “It’s not just the Russians,” he told me. “There are hostile foreign actors who are messing with two hundred years’ worth of really precious history.” Wyden recently reintroduced the pave Act, a wish list of election-security provisions that failed to get through the Senate last year. The measure includes the use of hand-marked paper ballots and a prohibition on wireless modems and other kinds of Internet connectivity, all of which have been advocated by computer scientists and other election experts for years.
    Just fantastic.

incognitojones and bigmike like this.
  8. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

I think this is also the guy that had issues in the first season of GLOW. I remember listening to a podcast with Allison Brie maybe? and it was hinted at that there was issues with harassment with one of their trainers/co-stars and I believe it was made out to be him. I could be wrong on this though.

Edit: Should have googled this as I was right. This is from Reddit: "Allison Brie and Betty Gilpin were on Maron's podcast and they heavily implied Brodus Clay and Carlito were not fun to work with and made them feel very uncomfortable, and that the training scene they filmed with them was the only part of the entire shoot they didn't enjoy."

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

If the story involves a current wrestler or a former wrestler in a new line of work, 99% of the time they are fucking trash humans.

Source: me, a wrestling fan who has been let down by wrestlers my entire existence on this earth.

Zilla likes this.
  10. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Hey, Foley is good.

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

There’s exceptions I suppose. He also put his family through absolute misery on a wrestling documentary (and in his whole career where he shaved probably a decade off of his life. I mean, he’s not cleared to wrestle because he turned his head and gave himself a concussion because of how many head shots he took.)

Zilla likes this.
  13. Omni

Regular

Daniel Bryan is the only exception. Everyone else bad.

Zilla likes this.
  14. Curious to see how Bernie's new initiative (or as pundits would call it: a reset) will work. Lots of good proposals and policies, but he's had a harder time getting coverage this time out versus a two person race, and I think he's worried about going after Biden too aggressively too early.

Leaning into the democraticsocalist term will be interesting to watch how dem primary voters respond.

incognitojones, bigmike and Omni like this.
  15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I wonder if outsider status has lost some of its appeal in the last 3 years given the explosion of MSNBC and the interest in and fanboying of pretty mainstream democrats for owning trump

incognitojones likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah Bernie isn’t as “sexy” anymore because he’s not an unknown.

Liz gaining steam is great but also someone posted her approval numbers in MA right now and they’re very bad

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  19. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

incognitojones likes this.
  21. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

It's kinda interesting though that her home-state doesn't really matter. It's not a lot of delegates in the primary, and even less electors in the college, and certainly will vote for her over trump no matter what.

22. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Wharf Rat and Ken like this.
  23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Push up contests is peak alpha male

24. mescalineeyes likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

has she never heard of Jim Crow?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.