Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 614

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I mean...

2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Uhhhh this is from Justin Amash who got into politics on the back of the tea party and in Michigan he’s a fucking maniac. Just shows how shitty Trump is. Amash is fucking awful.

He’s also my go-to example to shut up right wingers who say Rashida Tlaib shouldn’t be in Congress because she’s “not American” but amash’s parents are Palestinian and Syrian.

3. Yep. It’s insane that he’s saying this while some dems sit on their hands.

incognitojones and bigmike like this.
  4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe a Republican finally saying it will help something happen. Maybe...

incognitojones likes this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Apparently this broke last night? I haven't heard anything about it until today.

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

8. He’s running like a Republican so that’s fun.

MysteryKnight and popdisaster00 like this.
    Anthony Brooks and bigmike like this.
  10. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not necessarily opposed to candidates doing town halls on Fox News. I understand and see where the people against it are coming from (like Warren, her answer makes a lot of sense and I understand why she would feel that way), but the truth is it is still the most watched cable news channel in the country and there are a lot of voters who mostly only watch that. It would be wrong to just completely ignore that sector.

The candidates just need to go on there and focus on the right things and make sure to call out the moderators if they start to stretch the truth or ask a question set up to fit their agenda. When Bernie went on he did a good job doing just that, and his town hall ended up being the most watched town hall of the year.

11. We know, you’ve said it before. You’re still wrong.

bigmike and sophos34 like this.
  12. And he fell in the polls after. It was a complete failure beside giving Fox revenue and advertiser credibility. They made money and he lost ground with who he needs to win. He was wrong.

bigmike likes this.
  13. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I saw some tweet in here that made a good point. Fox News has maybe a few million viewers on average per day, that's not really all that much and how many are really going to be swung to your side? Might largely be a waste of time and validate a shitty network.

bigmike and littlejohn like this.
  14. Honestly, If you think you need to defend going on a racist propaganda network ... I don’t think we’re on the same side for what needs to happen in this country to fix it. It needs to be destroyed.

Contender, bigmike and jkauf like this.
  15. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

The week after the town hall he jumped up a bit in polling. When Biden announced, that is when Bernie began dropping in the polls. I'm not saying he got a jump because of the town hall, but I don't think that is why he fell in the polls.

David87 likes this.
  16. so did it do what it was supposed to and increase his support or did it fail miserably? We know for a fact it did not help anyone except Fox. Stop defending the most destructive propaganda apparatus in modern history. Moderates not taking it serious is part of the problem. Pretending like embracing it and not destroying it is win for far right ideology only.

bigmike and Bobby like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

why is there a picture of Kevin from Brooklyn 99/ Shawn from the Good Place

littlejohn likes this.
  18. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I see it as a way to convince the people that watch the network they have been lied to by both Trump and the network. How else are you going to reach those people that fell for the lies?

19. You aren’t convincing any Fox viewers to vote for you. Trump’s approval rating with that demo is 98%. That’s over.

Bobby likes this.
  20. We literally saw this attempt in 2016 and how it failed. That people still pretend it’s possible is beyond the pale.

jmitch0906 likes this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

doesn’t even rank in the top one thousand most bonkers thing he’s done in the past six months

Contender and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
    incognitojones and bigmike like this.
  23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

you really don’t get how any of this works do you

24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe if we just had the candidates go in front of fossil fuel companies they can convince them to stop polluting

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  25. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Who’s watching? A look at the demographics of cable news channel watchers

I’m sure other polls will say other things, but this one has Trump at 64% approval for Fox News viewers. And nearly half of the viewers are dem or unaffiliated. Yeah, there is a large portion of hardcore Fox News viewers that are never going to flip and have their heart set on trump. But are there cansual viewers of Fox News that can be swayed? Sure. Do I think candidates need to aggressively try to court them? No, but it’s not wrong to do a town hall on the network for one night to see.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.