Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 6

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

When did Five Guys get so damn expensive?? I went for the first time in what I thought was only a few months and it was $10 just for the burger and no fries??

CarpetElf, Ken and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. chris

Trusted Supporter

the worst burger trend is getting a veggie burger and it having aioli or tomato jam or anything other than traditional condiments on it

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

A McDouble with an entire McChicken, bun and all, between the two burger patties.. a heart attack waiting to happen, but sadly my go-to in college. Until I exceeded the "freshman 15" anyways haha

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The 70s was the golden age for anti-war films for sure. A few managed to squeak by in the 60s as well, but once the Hays code bit the dust they could finally go off on how much war sucked. Now we’ve cycled back around to most just being propaganda again.

yakacack likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah it always costs me like $25-30 for me and my girlfriend to get a burger each, one regular fry to split, and two regular drinks. Pretty pricey

6. chris

Trusted Supporter

infinite free peanuts though, there's your value

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I don’t think I’ve ever had Five Guys

8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I fuck with aoilis

9. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Damn I just don't remember it being that much

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think their locations vary in price a lot more than most fast food, and I feel like the difference between a “regular” and “little” may be larger than it used to be. Five Guys is around Wendy’s prices for me depending on what I get, but I usually split a regular fry with other people and have leftovers so it doesn’t feel as pricey.

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

My statement presupposes a traditional burger. Specialty burgers like bbq, mushroom and Swiss, etc are different cases

aioli is just fancy mayo though. That's what you want on a good veggie burger

Ken and CarpetElf like this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

what kind of person gets TWO orders of fries from Five Guys.

incognitojones, Ken and chris like this.
  14. A cop, and only a cop.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I went with a whole family back when they first opened and our group tried to explain that they probably only needed one large for all of them, but of course they didn’t listen. It was comical when all of the cups came out.

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've only been to Five Guys once or twice because paying $15 for a fast food burger and fries is not my thing

sophos34 and Ken like this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

whole family of cops

chris and Ken like this.
  18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Five Guys is worth the price tho

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  19. Yeah, I can get down with certain aiolis. I like them more on sandwiches though.

Chicken, bacon, avacado, tomato, provolone, ciabatta ... and an interesting aioli is the shit.

Leftandleaving and CarpetElf like this.
  20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

My go to cheap burger has always been Steak N Shake

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I only paid like eight bucks at Five Guys last time I went. They use fresh jalapenos and that is something that sets them above others. Get out of here with that pickled nonsense.

Zilla, EASheartsVinyl and Ken like this.
  22. chris

Trusted Supporter

I think it depends on the veggie patty. It's confusing with something like the impossible burger which is supposed to replicate the taste and texture of beef. In that case I just want ketchup

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. My favorite burger place in the city changed their buns and I was sad. Then they changed back and now I'm happy. Their sauce is a sriracha mayo thing that's pretty damn tasty. They put too much lettuce on the burger to start tho.

Ken and CarpetElf like this.
  25. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Boston has this cheap burger spot called The Avenue. It's incredible. The buns are so perfect they get just the right crisp on the edges.

CarpetElf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.