Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 2438

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

One for everything

3. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I would like to think that something as heartbreaking as this would result in a re-evaluation of gun control and a push towards supporting said control laws in wisconsin, but I really don't see that happening..

I just spent the last hour comforting my wife who, while crying, told me she couldn't stop imagining something like this happening where I work and how she wouldn't be able to handle it if something were to happen to me.

All of this inactivity leaves me so damn irate.

4. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I work in a medical building gonna start raiding the supply closet and selling purell on the streets

GrantCloud, Ken and dylan like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

6. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

jesus

popdisaster00 likes this.
  12. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Zoshchenko likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

gut check. How confident are we that Bernie can even beat Trump? Because my hope is wavering and it's not even Super Tuesday yet

15. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

im very scared

16. T.J.

music and baseball.

theres gotta be a strain out there bypassing the vaccine, right? i coworker of mine's son got it and he got the shot months ago

17. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

how much worse is coronavirus than regular flu, which i just had and dealt with last week

18. brothemighty

Trusted

Don't just hope. Do. Change the polls.

19. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

There are so many different strains of the flu. The vaccine is usually less than 50% effective. It’s certainly not uncommon to still get it even if you got the vaccine.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m much less confident right now considering the data and studies that came out over the last week, plus that awful debate. It seems like from what we know right now, it does seem like a more moderate candidate is more likely to beat Trump than a more left wing one is.

But, a lot can change. Bernie is gonna have to be more personable and get more people to like him. He’s gonna have to make a good pick for VP

21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

More confident than anyone else could. But at this point... maybe a bit better than 50/50?

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

DRAG HIM

FrankieThe4th and incognitojones like this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

From what I’ve been able read, it seems like the worst cases feel like a bad cold and then after a week or so there’s sudden bad respiratory issues that end up killing the person. The reason why it’s causing so much worry is there doesn’t seem to be able discernible pattern to how or why people suddenly take a turn for the worst when 80% of people are just getting normal cold symptoms

Zoshchenko likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Thanks for the answers. If he gets the nom, I feel like the VP pick will make or break it with a lot of potential voters

phaynes12 and clucky like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.