Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 242

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

littlejohn, Wharf Rat and Arry like this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

HAve a weird glitch right now where every time I come to the website, an old alert that I've already clicked on liek 10 times keeps showing up as a new alert and taking me to the same post in this thread.

EASheartsVinyl and popdisaster00 like this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

incognitojones and Zilla like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. Same

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Matt Chylak and MysteryKnight like this.
  8. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

not in PA!

edit: google is telling me wawa is also from PA, but the part of PA that i lived by growing up was very passionate about sheetz being the best convenience store

9. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

10. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

littlejohn likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Ken, littlejohn, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

14. emt0853 Mar 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 19, 2019)
    emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Just replying for the tweet content. Some of you know I'm chronically ill. Hospitalizations are pretty common for me. I also work in healthcare and have seen a dramatic decrease in the amount of pain meds we give out at urgent care. I'm all for limiting the rx. Shes right, you don't need that much for wisdom teeth. I was just in the hospital for 6 days in excruciating pain because of a bowel obstruction and also needing my dialysis catheter replaced (two procedures and neither went well) My pain was adequately managed while in patient but I was left to go home with nothing. Just to follow up with my PCP one week later. I get that a lot of the addictions start with injuries/illness but the serious crackdown on this means that people with HONEST, REAL pain are sent home to heal in misery.

ETA: i was released on Friday feeling so much better. Starting Saturday after I tried to eat toast I was in the same boat as far as pain goes. I did get my doctor to squeeze me in today. Fluids only because eating hurts so bad

15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

My father had a similar experience very early after his open heart surgery where he was only taking his pain med about 1/3 as frequently as he probably should have been because he was having trouble getting the script filled for more than a few days at a time. I stopped by for a visit and he was in EXCRUCIATING pain. Luckily I was able to straighten it out with an angry phone call.

I do understand both sides of the issue though.

16. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

Oh I absolutely do too. Besides urgent care, Im also an EMT (duh) and I've had to Narcan people I grew up with. On more than one occasion.

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I can't find either of them right now because they're behind a paywall, but I remember reading two really good articles written by doctors in New York Times Magazine about how complex it is to try to manage pain in a patient who also struggles with addiction. They may have both been written by the same doc now that I'm thinking about it.

emt0853 likes this.
  18. emt0853

Trusted Supporter

If you find them, I'd be interested in reading them.

19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am not having luck at the moment but I will definitely keep looking and let you know.

emt0853 likes this.
  20. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

emt0853 likes this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

how about we instead decriminalize illicit opiates/opioids and invest money in harm reduction and easier access to recovery treatment. there are ways to approach this without fucking over chronic pain patients ffs

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.