Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 2399

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

2. Anthony_ Feb 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 25, 2020)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Attacking Bernie for what a low-level staffer said on a private twitter account (and was already fired for!) is honestly pathetic af and just reeks of the kind of desperation that radiates from people who know that they can’t win fair and square. When you have to resort to these kinds of cheap attacks you know you’re a special kind of loser.

3. mescalineeyes

stop subtweeting Lis so hard

iCarly Rae Jepsen, Anthony_ and dylan like this.
  4. mescalineeyes

what the fuck are you doing Seth do you not like your job? lol

Anthony Brooks and Shakriel like this.
    incognitojones likes this.
  6. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

Did you not see the poll of Wisconsin voters who said the contents of low level campaign staffer private tweets was their number one issue?? These Bernie bros are gonna lose this election for sure

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

CarpetElf, Shakriel and mescalineeyes like this.
  8. mescalineeyes

Single Issue "Twitter Civility" Voter

9. dylan

good job y’all

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

mercury, K0ta, Contender and 5 others like this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If this dude had been a Warren/Biden/Pete/Bloomberg staffer, there would have been no story whatsoever. It’s so transparent.

Victor Eremita and mescalineeyes like this.
  12. In one tweet accompanying professional photographs of Queer Eye stylist and Warren surrogate Jonathan Van Ness, Mora said that the streaming personality was “trying to look hot while Daddy Ronald Reagan watches him die of AIDS.” Van Ness, who once made a joke about Reagan’s use of pomade on the show, is openly HIV positive.

No job in the world you’re not getting fired for that kinda post if your alt gets out.

13. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Y'all attacked a Pete staffer before you thought she made a fake Pete fan account...

dpatrickguy and CarpetElf like this.
  14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

mercury, Penguin, phaynes12 and 2 others like this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I long for the days where I can mock women for their looks and call them “dumb okies” and make AIDS jokes about gay dudes and the left let’s me off for it because I “did it in private”.

We went from “yeah okay so maybe a lot of people on twitter get vitriolic but they’re just nobodies on twitter” to “okay so an actual hired staffer was behaving the same way but it was in private and not to anyone’s face so it’s okay”.

that’s not how you attract people to support your guy. And if Amy/Pete/Steyer/Bloomberg drop out after SC and Super Tuesday, a lot of people in this thread are gonna be wondering why Biden suddenly has a shot to finish closer to Bernie in delegates than is comfortable

16. Yeah. I’m still on team shoulda kept it vague af.

17. dylan

Are you comparing a high profile campaign manager worth several hundreds of thousands if not over a million dollars that worked for several prominent political campaigns including the current one that raises money from billionaires being accused of running a fake account for a day and being materially unharmed to a low level staffer losing their job and livelihood over private (and very bad) tweets that were never intended to be read publicly because some rich asshole whose parents bought them a 1.3 million dollar condo found them and wrote a concern troll story about it? Great comparison

Victor Eremita and Anthony_ like this.
  18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe it already was but Nevada feels like a lock at this point

RyanPm40 and Jason Tate like this.
  19. clucky

Trusted Supporter

She didn't lose her job because the claims were bullshit

He lost his job because the claims weren't

This is a really bad hill to die on

20. This inability for this administration to be competent thing is starting to become very worrying.

Penguin and incognitojones like this.
  21. I consider it solid Blue.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. dylan

Look I’m not defending what they tweeted and other than the Chapo people posting purposely inflammatory tweets to stir the pot, I haven’t seen anyone else defend the tweets. The point is this shouldn’t even be a fucking story in the first place because it’s a lazy concern troll about a topic that’s long been blown out of proportion. The point is id rather stand in solidarity with Ben who was sacrificing a more stable life and job to help Bernie win Iowa and help in Michigan and doing more than probably most in this thread has ever done for a campaign and hope someone close to him calls them in than give some rich fuck the clicks and attention who is trying to fling whatever they can against the candidate who is gonna raise his and his parents taxes.

I’m not dying on a hill, I’m saying it’s not a hill at all.

24. Was curious, looked on Amazon, n95 surgical masks are already basically sold out or at insane prices. (I feel better knowing I have some in an emergency kit I built years ago.)

25. clucky

Trusted Supporter

People who engage in abusive behavior online aren't the type you should be standing in solidarity with. Supporting Bernie doesn't make attacking people okay

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.