Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1380

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Ken, astereo, incognitojones and 3 others like this.
  2. Marx&Recreation Oct 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2019)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Ok so as much as everyone has been talking about Warren’s quip taking down the hypothetical homophobe, at that same event she apparently claimed she always supported gay marriage and literally said “It may have been the case [that I opposed gay marriage]. You know, I don't have notes from when I was a little kid.”

"Then just marry one woman": Warren's response to "old fashioned" view on same-sex marriage goes viral

Like, this is the kind of completely unnecessary, blatant lie that *really* makes me dislike/distrust a politician. You were a Republican Harvard law professor until the 90s when you were in your 40s but you always supported gay marriage? Absolute horseshit, just a obvious shameless lie. It’s the same kind of plausible deniability shit that Obama was able to do in ‘08 when he used the Iraq War against Clinton, even though *obviously* a centrist like him would have been totally on board if he was in Congress at the time

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

holy fuck they actually ruined the church scene from kingsman, that's like one of the best action sequences in years

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

and this will all be forgot about tomorrow.

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

That reminded me of ytmnd.com back in its hay day

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  9. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

NYT Headline: Democrats Claim New Video Goes Too Far

David87 likes this.
  10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

The nature of that bigger fight, or whether it will happen at all, is now in question because of Sunday’s big news, which is that the SDF, with Russian mediation, has cut a deal with the Syrian government. Damascus’s talk about refusing to negotiate with the SDF turns out to have indeed just been posturing. The initial terms of the deal have the SDF handing over the town of Manbij, a long-standing Turkish target, and the border town of Kobane to the Syrian army. Eventually the Syrian military would move back into all of northeastern Syria, or at least the parts not under Turkish control. The Syrian government does not appear to have made an concessions to the Kurds, meaning their attempt at establishing self-government in northeastern Syria can be considered kaput. In the end it would seem the Kurds had nothing to offer Damascus except surrender.

Assad wins, is what this is saying

11. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

14. dallasc

Trusted

What an absolute corncob

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean it would definitely be unconstitutional, but the easy solution to make it constitutional is to just not grant tax-exempt status to any church

16. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

17. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Someone needs to pull a 'Kendall' on Trump in a congressional hearing...

18. Cool.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Ken like this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Ken, incognitojones and SmashRipsaw like this.
  20. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

David87 and Ken like this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This is probably the best thing Biden has said this entire primary as far as policy goes

incognitojones likes this.
  24. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Andy Ngo is pure evil, a complete psychopath

incognitojones and Wharf Rat like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.