Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1378

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. RyanPm40 Oct 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2019)
    RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Also just read it's a church well known in the black community of Lowell Mass and was during a wedding. A bishop was shot. Jesus.

I had a friend in middle school whose father was a minister at the Baptist Church in the same town. Got really scared that it was his church until I read more.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this is the worst precedent

3. dorfmac

Trusted

Amiibo > funko

at least they serve some purpose, even if it’s just meaningless unlocks in games

4. popdisaster00 Oct 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2019)

[​IMG]

5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Sorry if posted before but good lord

6. TBH, Bernie needs to get his ass to Minnesota for a rally. Warren has already stopped by and pulled a huge crowd.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure what this has to do with training soldiers. This guy was a Major. He is both someone who has been in a command position and very much trained in what constitutes a war crime. The fact that he is a Spec Ops guy makes it doubly worse. Those guys go in with very specific missions that have to fall within a set of guidelines. I find it hard to believe that this guy didn't know right from wrong, the code of conduct, or any of the other shit they drill into the heads of any front line soldier.

9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Do you think the US armed forces actually does an adequate job of training these guys of what constitutes a war crime?

From my outside perspective, seems like they focus more on training how to become killers.

The guys that commit war crime certainly are not blameless. But I don't think the system that produced them is blamless either

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

DarkHotline likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Thats simply not true. I worked with the Green Berets specifically. Sat in on intel meetings, gone through the training to support them, etc. These guys are some of the most highly trained soldiers in the Army. They are pretty well vetted with psych evals and lie detectors. They are in no way moral upstanding people, but they understand their jobs and the legal issues. I'd expect this kind of story from a grunt in Iraq in 2001, not a Special Forces officer in 2010.

DarkHotline and clucky like this.
  12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Justin Beiber just came on at this dance I’m chaperoning and every white girl here exploded

Ferrari333SP and popdisaster00 like this.
  13. [​IMG]

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

18. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Least surprising news ever. Of course it won't matter because nothing matters anymore.

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Did they play Sandstorm tonight

21. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Wow cool!

Contender and WordsfromaSong like this.
  22. Wharf Rat

"Good billionaire"

23. Wharf Rat

Lol so here's Harry Reid, who I have read about "bringing Warren to Washington" over and over and over, who knows her probably as well as anyone else in politics, straight up saying that Warren is lying about supporting M4A. Weird! Why would he say that?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.