Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1261

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

2. Wharf Rat

David87 thinks it's a "non story" when the vice president's son sits on the board of a major energy company in a country the VP's admin is heavily involved with

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Sigh.

I heard they found some new emails on Anthony Weiner’s computer from Hunter Biden.

4. Wharf Rat

Are you claiming that Hunter Biden never sat on the board of Burisma, a natural gas company, and that during that time Joe Biden never visited the country as Vice President, and pushed it to change its sourcing of its natural gas? That would be weird considering that's much more true than the made up Weiner emails

dylan likes this.
  5. Wharf Rat

if this is not really Tom Delonge: shut the fuck up

If this is really Tom Delonge: can i have some money

astereo, Ken, Nathan and 6 others like this.
  6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

dylan, Jason Tate and incognitojones like this.
  7. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

It reeeeeally looks to me like David’s the one who didn’t learn any lessons from 2016 in this conversation.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Nothing suspicious about Hunter who secretly dated his brother's widow

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

why can't this take out both trump and biden

10. astereo and Ken like this.
  11. PepsiOne Sep 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2019)
    PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Wharf’s point was that these “BS narratives” aren’t going to disappear when Biden is the nominee. And if beating Trump is at all something you want, a Biden nomination should be something you actively look to avoid at all costs. Deflecting any sort of criticism of him ahead of the primaries—regardless of who it’s coming from—in the name of protecting the “most likely” Dem nominee is not going to save us.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s a nothing story.

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

From the same thread:

I’d also add “deflecting any sort of criticism” is different than “pointing out that some of the criticism is right wing bullshit fake scandals” and desperate left wingers trying to latch onto it now after watching what the media did in 2016 with their coverage and the huge mistakes there is pretty depressing.

14. Wharf Rat

This is a story about Joe Biden pressuring the head prosecutor of Ukraine to stop investigating his son, which is nonsense. His son did sit on the board of a company that was paying him $300k over 5 years during a period where the Obama/Biden administration pressured that country to shift toward domestic natural gas producers like Burisma and generally was very involved with that government.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Because one of them is a completely made up scandal that’s been relatively thoroughly debunked at this point and people playing along with it is really really bad.

16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Of which there is zero proof they did so just to help Hunter Biden. There is, however, plenty of proof Obama/Biden wanted to hurt Russia and Russian oil exports while also continuing their “all of the above” climate goals of pushing natural gas as a ‘clean’ alternative to oil around the world.

But yeah, despite the obvious policy motives there, it was definitely about making Hunter Biden an average annual salary for a teacher or something.

You’re all in on Uranium One aren’t you?

17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

“Invite me on stage to sing you coward!”

18. Wharf Rat

Lol you're right my bad it was $3M, $50k/month or $600k/year. You're giving a comically narrow set of qualifications for corruption and you know it. A family member using your name to get a job he's not qualified for where he and the people who hired him are poised to benefit monetarily from the policies you're going to push for is absolutely corrupt even if you were going to push those policies anyway. That's silly

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

great and enjoyable thread you guys are both doing great thanks guys it’s nice im

EASheartsVinyl and SmashRipsaw like this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

What’s silly is you acting like THIS is the story, especially when it’s something that’s already been investigated

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Where the tulsi stans now tho?

Leftandleaving likes this.

23. [​IMG]

FrankieThe4th, jkauf and Wharf Rat like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

incognitojones likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.