Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1250

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wharf Rat likes this.
  2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve lived here three years and this is the fourth time I’ve seen someone’s furniture and belongings thrown out to the lawn when they’ve been evicted. It’s dehumanizing.
    5C4D1C87-2059-4091-9963-1BAF83DC9A2B.jpeg

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

6. PeacefulOrca Sep 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 18, 2019)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Stop right there, they're as excruciatingly racist and austerity driven as your average gop rep.

It also won't matter either way, neither will be able to control parliament once the election ends and ndp will hopefully have picked up more seats than last time around

mad likes this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

9. clucky

Trusted Supporter

so what happens then? trudeau steps down and there is another election hopefully with different results?

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I'm not a Trudeau fan but I 100% prefer him to Andrew Scheer, who would be PM if the Conservatives win
    I dream of seeing an NDP government but I'm starting to think it won't happen within my lifetime

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

The Cons will probably win though because everything sucks and people are stupid

14. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

They really suck. Conservatives win elections by dominating the oil producing regions of the country and the ultra wealthy parts, meaning that for the rest of us, especially people like us in quebec, Trudeau being a "wolf in sheep's clothing" is galaxies better than anything the torries can offer us. Scheer isn't a particularly good leader as far as conservatives go, and considering the mounting influence american conservatism has on our conservative parties, especially via GOP strategists, consultants, lobbyists etc., I don't think any of us want to get dragged down that hole.

15. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I was in class today and my professor said he thinks Trump is going to get re-elected. Some guy in the class said “I think the only candidate that could beat Trump is probably Tulsi Gabbard”.

I was ready to say something like “Not a chance, literally more republicans like Tulsi than democrats, but still none would vote for her” but my social anxiety kept me silent lol

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Stella is just starting to get her groove back. For a long time, I don't think anyone expected someone like Bernie sanders or Elizabeth warren or their movements themselves to be as popular as they are in the us, either. Ndp is on a much better track now, hopefully they keep moving in that leftward direction and grow their ground game. No doubt, it's going to take awhile but with the utter failure of the two major parties right now... they need to take full advantage of this situation. Maybe I'm too optimistic but look, they went from supposedly almost losing to the Green Party to gaining seats sooo it can only go up from here right?!? :crylaugh:

mad likes this.
  17. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

What the fuck is this

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Teachers don't hit people with rulers anymore?!?

19. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

"and you'll know this"

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. Every frat boy queuing up this defense for Halloween this year.

Zilla likes this.
  21. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it's fun to imagine Tobias Funke saying that

MyBestFiend likes this.
  24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Last year, this leftyish radio show I listen to every often randomly had Stephen Harper on as a guest. It was the most unbareable 20 minute interview I've ever heard, and it was in front of an audience. Maybe 10/50 people clapped at the end, and they were just being polite. A ficus plant would've been more entertaining.

25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Sadly that's not looking super likely, in fact they're projected to lose seats.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.