Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1236

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

wow, very shocked, pointless Dem funnel org uses its rules to give its dem-connected leaders power to contradict its membership, very surprised

2. Wharf Rat

Damn, Bernie's campaign definitely doesn't organize at all lmao. Oh wait it does it just doesnt do it with Party apparatuses

Contender and WordsfromaSong like this.
  3. They're so canceled now.

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

5. Bernie's team is going to knock on more doors than Warren's team, that I'm sure of

6. fluffyjdawg

Regular

I agree all three of them have issues, but Warren is the worst of the bunch imo. She supports the sanctions against Venezuela and refused to sign onto the Prohibiting Unauthorized Military Action in Venezuela Resolution. And she attacked Trump from the right on North Korea. Not to mention she frequently repeats the foreign policy establishment talking points. Plus the fact that her main talking point on foreign policy this race has been her Green New Military plan tells me she doesn't get it. As does her lack of an answer to a simple question like this:

I'm not claiming Tulsi is perfect on foreign policy, she certainly is not, but the voice she has brought to this race is important and it's crazy to me people were happy she missed the last debate. Whoever wins the presidency will be in control of the most powerful military in the history of the world and the candidates spent about 7 minutes talking about foreign policy the other night lol.

Leftandleaving and Wharf Rat like this.
  7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

8. wtf how did I get on this list? I don't share my real phone number with basically anyone, I have a Google Voice number I give to campaigns/online shit ...

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.42.18 AM.png

9. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

In January she said she opposed the sanctions against Venezuela, but correct me if I am wrong and she changed that position. The other things you mentioned are valid criticisms, but I fail to see how Tulsi is better. She has consistently supported bombing the Middle East to defeat terrorists. She said we need to “root out evil where ever it is” to defeat “radical Islamic extremism.” That's a neocon quote in a nutshell. She voted for the military budget in 2018 just as people criticize Warren for doing the same in 2017. She has voted for a bill that would make it essentially impossible for the US to accept Syrian refugees. She was one of the only members of the house to vote against a bill condemning Assad for war crimes.

Comparing their records, I see Gabbard as having more concerning votes than Warren does.

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I got texts from a pro Trump group for a while, it stopped after I sent back a strongly worded text about how I don’t like him, I’m nowhere near conservative, and to succinctly fuck off. It stopped after that.

11. Wharf Rat

I can kind of agree with the idea that Tulsi's anti-war posture, even though its not really her beliefs, could have value in a primary just to spread that idea, but...I'm not crying that she's not in the debates

Leftandleaving and David87 like this.
  12. Pretty sure this violates TCPA unless there was some box you checked somewhere accidentally

mercury likes this.
  13. I really am curious how I got on any list for Beto ... I didn't donate to his senate campaign, I'm not signed up for his emails. I think I follow his campaign manager on Twitter or have him in my politics list, but that's it. That phone number might be in the official democratic party database for the voter file, but I didn't think so, and even then not sure why Beto's team would have it from that.

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm registered as independent and change to Dem at the voting booth. I don't want the state to be able to look up my party affiliation too easily heh.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah get registered if you're in a closed primary state, and tell your friends.

I'd love to be registered Indy but we're closed primary here, no way am I giving up a shot to vote in primaries around here.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Wrong number possible?

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Ugh, I gotta change back to Dem

[​IMG]

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I have news for you and trust me on this.

[​IMG]

You're lucky you can do that tho, most states have a deadline of changing it months before the primary

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. RyanPm40

Lol, hey, call me paranoid, but with how authoritarian conservatives are becoming and having a mindless Trump-supporting governor, I don't want it to be something easily looked up :p. All you need is a name and birthdate to look up any registered voter in my state.

But yeah, definitely lucky and glad that's an option here

20. *whispers* all your political donations are already public record

Contender, mercury, bigmike and 2 others like this.
  21. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I didn’t want too but I am

22. RyanPm40

Fair enough. But you never know what gun nut might try and look up in today's political climate. People love their guns in my state.

I realize it's an irrational fear, I'm a pretty paranoid person lol

23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Warren and WFP were made for each other, they haven't been the same party they started out as for a long time. They've also made substantial changes in leadership since Bernie was their candidate. Why would any party that claims to be the most progressive make folks pay to vote? They're still much better than the machine and people should still vote on their line (if they don't have another more progressive option), regardless.

Contender likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I found out I apparently registered independent in college when I tried to vote for Cynthia Nixon and couldn't but I'm dem now

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.