Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1139

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

We’re all gonna die.

2. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It wasn't the destination, it was the friends we made and the places we saw on the way.

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This is just insane to me for some reason.

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Damn, that's some solid makeup work.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

While Bolsonaro is no doubt letting Amazonian deforestation proceed unabated this year, it’s important to remember the GHG emissions that are exacerbating these conditions in Brazil, Russia, the US, etc have been in the atmosphere for decades and even centuries due to the unabated tide of fossil capitalism. And of course, the advance of timber, agribusiness, mining, and other interests in the Amazon are inextricably tied to the same global commodity chains of fossil capitalism that are led by companies in the Global North.

With fossil fuel majors having known for half a century or more that their products are genocidal and choosing to do nothing about it, the only option at this point is so fundamental a break with this system of fossil capitalist exploitation and global trade. What will it take? Mass protests are likely only just the start, but i think it’d be foolish to not recognize that the security apparatuses of state governments and their highly valued extractive and fossil industries will gladly resort to criminality and violence to disrupt the possibility of that chasm occurring (see Standing Rock, the criminalization of pipeline protests in the US, Australia, etc).

It’s only when the sources and enablers of fossil capitalism extinction fear for themselves as much as the vulnerable in the world fear for their livelihoods in the rapidly worsening state of climate catastrophe will we make any progress.

7. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

And the memes. Don't forget the memes.

DarkHotline likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn. I was hoping he’d stay in longer and keep forcing the climate change isshe

10. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Inslee met the donor threshold for the debates, just couldn't get the polls, so I imagine a lot of candidates who haven't even done that will drop soon.

I predict Ryan, Moulton, Sestak, and Bennet will drop before the 3rd debates.

I'd say Messam but I don't think he even remembers he's running

11. Looking at Gillibrand..is she above 1% in any poll?

Leftandleaving likes this.
  12. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

She got 2% in one Iowa poll. She's a loyal member of the 1% crowd

13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm for it

popdisaster00 likes this.
  14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Gillibrand needs to drop. So do Booker and Beto. So does every single person running outside of the top five at this point, and three of those motherfuckers should drop too in an ideal world.

atlas and Leftandleaving like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Contender, mercury, atlas and 5 others like this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

dylan, popdisaster00 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  17. MysteryKnight Aug 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2019)
    MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

At least all the candidates agree on one thing

18. atlas

Trusted

not Biden

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

incognitojones likes this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

MysteryKnight likes this.
  22. Omni

Regular

Nate Silver has been saying a lot of dumb shit lately but I think that tweet takes the cake.

23. [​IMG]

David87 and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

That Amazon rainforest news is crushing me. I just don't know what to do at this point. The world is spinning out of control and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

RyanPm40 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  25. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.