Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 1097

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.

1. [​IMG]

bigmike, incognitojones and sophos34 like this.
  2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

This dude really needs to stop trying to be a pundit

3. I'm sure every Republican will be forced, Omar style, to account for this for the next three days ... right?

bigmike and incognitojones like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

" Okay I could make millions yelling debate me at senators or I could work 80 hours a week for $12 an hour"

5. [​IMG]

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Sigh yep

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I mean, his point is clearly that "conception = person" regardless of circumstance. Pretty shitty way to argue it though.

8. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

bigmike likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

bigmike and MysteryKnight like this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

the get a better job argument is priceless. they have no idea what the job market looks like in any given field because they're guaranteed employment by their conservative billionaire overlords indefinitely.

11. Making millions shilling brain pills on a podcast.

Shit, now I'm kinda jealous of Ben Shapiro. :sickface:

12. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

i wonder if my gf will still love me if i became an alt right grifter.. just enough to pay off my car

bigmike, incognitojones, Omni and 4 others like this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i too have my millions

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I'm a sales rep for Frank Thomas Manliness Pills and let's just say business is a booming! So many emasculated men out there with low T desperate to prove their masculinity.

15. clucky

Trusted Supporter

this is the same guy who thinks that when global warming causes the coastline to rise and destroy people's homes, they can just sell those homes and move.

he has no idea about anything

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

bUt WhO's GOnnA bUy ThE PrOpertY uNdeR wATeR!??!!?

[​IMG]

17. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish I can tell every person who in the replies is cheering for a recession to shut up.

Matt Chylak and raaaaaaaady like this.
  18. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

Yeah, fuck Robert Reich. Is he really so naive that he would think a recession would quell Trump's rabid fanbase? In fact, I would argue that a recession could only help him. All he would have to say is "The swamp wouldn't let me make the economy great again. Re-elect me and I'll drain the swamp!" Done. He wins.

20. The economy numbers are the one thing Trump has going for him. It would probably shed some of his white suburban voters if it did go into a recession.

Helloelloallo and Wharf Rat like this.
  21. clucky

Trusted Supporter

He'd just blame the house. And his supporters would believe him.

raaaaaaaady likes this.
  22. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

We could beat Trump without a recession. Would a recession help beat him? Probably, but no one should be hoping that we have one just so it's a little easier to win 2020

23. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

I fear many of those white suburban voters are also fiercely pro-life, though. So many one issue voters. But, yeah, it would be a pretty great moral quandary for them: Do I really care about all of those babies if it means a hit to my 401(k)? I have a feeling they would find some random Old Testament scripture to help ease their minds as to why money is more important.

24. He needs more than his supporters to win re-election.

MysteryKnight and sophos34 like this.
  25. raaaaaaaady

Regular Supporter

I also firmly believe that a majority of Republicans would be pro choice if they suddenly found out that one of the babies would grow up to be a president who would sign anti-gun legislation.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.