Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (VI) [ARCHIVED] • Page 2529

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

put in my vote for bernie as well today

waking season, dylan, Ken and 2 others like this.
  2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Bernie drives the exact same car as my mom, wish I knew that before today so I could've used that to convince her to vote for him

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

4. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw someone say this yesterday and I think it's kind of true, biden doesn't need to have as much imprint in every state because the msm virtually does all his promotion for him. What happens in the general is, they go further to the right and attack the dem with "but her emails" and other nonsense. Once the candidate loses that promoting, they can't suddenly regain the same kind of positive attention that you need to galvanize voters with to show up.

If you look at what happened with Hillary, I have a bad feeling it'll be even worse than that. His bad trade deals are already going to have him underwater in the Midwest, Michigan is gonna be grinding their teeth all the way to the voting booth.

7. Yap. Could end up +60-150 (dare I say 250?) delegates for Sanders when all said and done, but won't be apparent for a while.

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't wait for #voteforsomeoneelse2020

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Very excited to depend on Cali when their sos hates Bernies guts.

Anthony_ and CarpetElf like this.
  10. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Voted for Bernard in Va, it's in God's hands now.

Penguin, jkauf and CarpetElf like this.
  11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I would argue that it is quite a stretch to extrapolate from the fact the Trump didn't want a unity ticket in 2016 with Bernie as VP that he prefers Biden to Bernie in 2020.

It is much more likely that his statement was a preference for a divided Dem electorate in 2016. But as I said, Trump's preference should mean nothing.

Vote Bernie.

Penguin, jkauf and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I love when reporters dryly sneak in hysterical stuff like this. The best in a long time was that guy who spoke about a marina closing in Brooklyn "on the condition of anonymity out of fear of his wife, who doesn’t know he owns a boat."

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The room literally burst out in laughter when the prospect of Biden running was brought up but ok

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Cool.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

This is 100% gonna happen and this may lead to Bloomberg becoming the candidate at the convention anyway

17. clucky

Trusted Supporter

538 now has Biden's chances of getting a plurality at 2/3. Getting an outright majority at 30% >:-(

18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

There is no use in getting upset over probabilities.

19. Or they're right.

Virtually every way I cut the math right now based what we have, it's better for Bernie that she's in the race right now. And I could actually argue there's some states where there's more strategy in Sanders voters voting for Warren to put her above the 15% mark and harm Biden/Bloomberg. (But, really, people should vote for who they want most and we should count the votes.)

David87 likes this.
  20. I tried to warn all the "plurality should win it no matter what" crowd about this last week.

David87 likes this.
  21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not disagreeing with the math, just that the phony speak like she can win sounds ridiculous. I've never said she should drop out. It's more about their messaging but I guess they have to do that otherwise they might vote for biden.

22. The fluidity in the race does imply that to some degree. Bernie's voters are in. The rest of the democrat electorate has been like "maybe this, maybe that, ok that's shiny now, oh, that's what we decided on ok."

23. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I was right there with you.

If we actually fucking get a "Bernie + Warren delegates > Biden delegates but Biden delegates > Bernie delegates" scenario I'm gonna rage :cringe:

24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, I also forgot about the flint thing. Biden is gonna have a hard time there, idc what the polls say.

Victor Eremita and Anthony_ like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.