Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (V) [ARCHIVED] • Page 447

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Trio182

Game over........... Nicely done!!!

2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

hell yeah................destroyed..............................................................epic

3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

5. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

And somehow this part went completely ignored. But yeah, you “destroyed” him. Fucking assholes.

6. Wharf Rat

7. Skiba?

8. Trio182

9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Nobody can destroy Nate

10. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

littlejohn and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Jesse West likes this.
  12. Wharf Rat

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. Wharf Rat

Terrorist groups like the KKK and groups which glorify Nazism should not be given permits to march publicly

15. Oppressed person: "I just want to exist freely!"
    Brain genius: "I just want consistency."

Contender, littlejohn and Wharf Rat like this.
  16. stars143

Trusted

Thanks? Though I was trying to have a discussion, not win a game. ;-p

17. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

18. stars143

Trusted

Fuck off. Good faith discussion here is met with memes and accusations of racism (I think? Maybe I read into a comment too deeply). I'm going to take a break from the thread.

19. Wharf Rat

Good litmus test: do you think Germany should get rid of its laws against Nazism? Should ISIS supporters be allowed to 'peaceful protest' in liberated Mosul? If you answered 'no,' your support of the KKK's right to march is not based on principles but on legalism, which is awful

20. stars143

Trusted

I would answer no to both of those. I realize I've been a 'just asking questions' person in this thread, so I apologize for that. What I was trying to get at (and probably didn't get across well) is that if you prohibit the KKK from marching, who else is prohibited from marching and where should the line be drawn? I am a strong believer in equality before the law, so I would not be for a law that bans the KKK and no other groups. I would be for a law that would effectively ban the KKK as long as it was a more general law against ethnocentric hate speech in general. I'm not a free speech absolutist or whatever the term is.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  21. Wharf Rat

22. Wharf Rat

I don't have a problem with that. I think 'just asking questions' is definitely a thing that will put people on edge. I don't think most would disagree with this post. I do think there is a thing where people will basically tell people that if they want to change law they have to have such a deep understanding of it to be able to basically write the legislation themselves to exclude any negative consequences. Basically 'thats nice but what about this' which often seems like deflection.

But yeah I wouldn't just ban the KKK eithet

lightning and stars143 like this.
  23. Sorry for summarizing your interaction with Nate. Maybe instead of responding to me, when you return, you should go back and address what it's been pointed out you glossed over.

I mean, you responded to "Just know by protecting their right to exist and parade and protest you are putting POC's lives in danger" with questioning whether or not the Nation of Islam should be banned. But sure, let's get in a good/bad faith argument slapfight.

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

"invade"

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.