Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (V) [ARCHIVED] • Page 446

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

It's literally a terrorist organization that still exists all the while we've been having some kinda war on terror and government is or should be the thing that all people can participate in to drive social change.

Listen I'm done with this. You wanna defend racists right to parade around and celebrate racism cause it's their 1st amendment right, though never mind that racism infringes on my right to... exist, okay sure. Just know by protecting their right to exist and parade and protest you are putting POC's lives in danger. They are an existential threat. There is no middle ground here.

3. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

All while successfuly driving the perception that they are in the minority and Hillary Clinton is president.

popdisaster00 and incognitojones like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

stars143 and incognitojones like this.
  5. The duck down :crylaugh:

6. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I’ve seen so many little kids doing lemonade stands in their yards so far this summer. I cant even imagine wanting to call the police on them or anyone selling lemonade/water

7. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Don't worry, our corporate overlords at Country Time will get this straightened out

8. stars143

Trusted

Alright... If you want to check out of the conversation that's fine. As for shutting down hate groups, what would be the criteria? Are there any groups on Southern Poverty Law Center's hate map you would not want shut down by the government? Should the Nation of Islam be shut down? Is it only groups that have had members commit acts of violence? I mean, if the answer is "shut them all down!" that's great! I wish none of them existed (I assume... I haven't actually read through all the groups; that would be a pretty depressing way to spend a Saturday afternoon). I just want consistency.

9. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

10. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I mean it isn't wrong - they have stood by him and the only Republicans they have turned on are ones who have spoken out against Trump.

11. Good for her. Bigots don’t get to just pal around in society. I mean, they do, but they damn well shouldn’t. This should be the norm. Go eat at Nazi-House if you want food.

12. I know. I’m still quite tired of Trump voter pieces.

ZooZooChaCha likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

upload_2018-6-23_15-47-53.png

14. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

“You go, ‘Alright, we get it. I heard you. You made me feel bad. So now what? Are you happy? I’m depressed. Do you want to push me more? What do you want me to do? You want me to kill myself? What would make you happy? Get over it.’”

fuck all the way off

15. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

What is this about to be

chewbacca110 and ZooZooChaCha like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

17. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Liked this quote from the Gizmodo write up on all this:

“The reviews also contained plenty of calls for new laws to prevent businesses from refusing service based on ideology from the same people who celebrated a baker not having to make a cake for a gay couple.”

jkauf likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

guess who's back on his bullshit, still on his bullshit I guess

19. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

God we're all so fucking stupid for letting this go on. Not everyone individually, but as a group or "resistance" we have failed. You can get 100,000 people together to have a protest but if nothing comes of it we fail. I've probably already have my name on a list somewhere but god damn when are we gonna do something other than march? this... Everything, is too much for me. Sorry all I do is rant. I just feel like nothing anybody is doing right now is gonna matter.
    How dare you doesn't help.

20. lightning

neo506 and Wharf Rat like this.
  21. lightning

22. Lol

23. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Only going to get worse. Running on the tax cuts wasn’t looking good in the polls - so now they have to appeal to the racist base.

My only real fear is some real disgusting shit is going to happen to innocent people because of the hysteria he is creating. These fucking inbred morons are going to shoot some poor Mexican guy sitting in a restaurant just because he has a few tattoos.

24. lightning

stars143 likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Contender, stars143, Zilla and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.