Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

General Politics Discussion (V) [ARCHIVED] • Page 118

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This would be me as Dom talks about not voting for Democrats ever because the 90's and Donald Trump Jr. is on the Republican ticket

[​IMG]

2. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

Sorry I lived through welfare reform and mass incarceration, David. Couldn’t afford to live in the suburbs.

neo506, Victor Eremita and sophos34 like this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

You also couldn’t afford those sweet ass Star Wars posters

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah but old people who voted for Third Way Dems in the 90's lived through the New Deal and the Great Society.

People voting (or not voting) for an individual because of their political party based on something that political party did two decades or 4 decades ago is not smrt baseball.

Oh, and uh, just as an aside to your little jab there about the suburbs....we only were able to live in the suburbs because we had a two income family for 10 years and, for 5 of of those years, were able to find an old lady who was willing to rent her house out for $400 a month (which is roughly $680 in today's dollars) and never raised the rent for 8 years probably because she was a little out of touch with reality. Before that we were in apartments in a not great area (we moved because a woman was found strangled to death right outside our building), and we had to move back into apartments in a not great area (one of the people in our building had a shoot out with the cops on the property, my car was broken into, etc) when that lady sold her house to someone else.

Sure would have been nice if we could have qualified for some assistance. Unfortunately, the Dems weren't about that life back then. Fuck em.

5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

rest assured you probably wouldnt have been able to rent that place if your family wasnt white

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I was into third wave ska in the 90’s. Bosstones, Reel Big Fish, Dance Hall Crashers, etc. etc.

7. [​IMG]

8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Jim Comey would like you to stop using the offensive and insulting “m” word

Richter915 and David87 like this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lol Jordan Peterson is going to be on Real Time this week, if any of you watch that episode I'll block you

Robk, Zilla, incognitojones and 2 others like this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely a possibility. But it was in a super hippie artist progressive community that has gone out of it's way to be as diverse as possible despite being in a very white area, so who knows. Our landlord (the old lady) was an immigrant whose population here in America tends to be very racist towards black people though...

Was? I still listen to Beer and The Impression That I Get when they come on the shuffle!

The poor police get their feeling hurt when they hear that they're contributing to a huge societal problem. Poor guys. One might call them....snowflakes.

sophos34 likes this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh my god someone has GOT to get Bill Maher off this fucking kick.

I just wish one of his guests would explain why some of these people deserve to get no platformed one of these weeks.

12. lightning

Don't tell me the old lady was middle eastern.

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

She was not.

14. lightning

Bill Maher implied Trump is getting more involved in Syria "because collusion with Russia", I gave up on him a long time ago. rest assured I don't see him challenging Peterson

15. lightning

You should have blocked David a long time ago tbh

PeacefulOrca and sophos34 like this.
  16. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

He hasn't really challenged any of these idiots he's brought on over his "free speech" kick...dude's just salty he got boycotted off of his show in the 90s and he's formed some sort of weird club for people who get no platformed or some shit.

I wish he'd have Klein on again considering the well publicized feud with that other dude that says the same type of shit. Maybe he'd have an easier time explaining why these people suck to old Bill.

17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Maher STINKS

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

This "season" in particular has been awful. 3 or 4 years ago his panels and conversations were pretty damn good but he can't go more than a few minutes without whining about college 'liberals' and their 'attacks' on the Jordan Petersons of the world.

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Jake?

MyBestFiend likes this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

that was me on the market street bridge last year only we both had insurance and the guy wouldn't look at me he was so mad

littlejohn and David87 like this.
  21. EX-99.1
    13 years post-launch, we have exceeded 100 million paid Prime members globally. In 2017 Amazon shipped more than five billion items with Prime worldwide, and more new members joined Prime than in any previous year — both worldwide and in the U.S. Members in the U.S. now receive unlimited free two-day shipping on over 100 million different items.
    Amazon rules our world now.

22. :chin:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

My wife and I cancelled our prime subscription about 2 months ago. When it came down to it, there was nothing we need so soon that it justified some of the working conditions that have been reported in their warehouses.

Turkeylegz and popdisaster00 like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.